Short Questions Thread

Page 21 of 100 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 60 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Short Questions Thread

Post by Gekko64 on Sun May 03, 2015 12:21 am

there's no right or wrong answer, but double mo rockshatter is definitely a very good weapon

Gekko64
Hopeless

Twinktwat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by archon256 on Sun May 03, 2015 12:40 am

Attempting to double MO a TU is a waste of time, IMO. You're better off making a double-MO Sacred RW or a crafted rare (increased base damage from the sacred item, and easier to double MO). I prefer RW since they're a bit faster to make (no Shrine farming needed) and you can go over the 350% ED cap with them (although that's apparently considered an exploit now, so it's up to you to decide if you want to do it).

archon256
Amazon Warrior

I Am Someone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Basha on Sun May 03, 2015 12:56 am

@archon256 wrote:Attempting to double MO a TU is a waste of time, IMO. You're better off making a double-MO Sacred RW or a crafted rare (increased base damage from the sacred item, and easier to double MO). I prefer RW since they're a bit faster to make (no Shrine farming needed) and you can go over the 350% ED cap with them (although that's apparently considered an exploit now, so it's up to you to decide if you want to do it).

I see, welp... just trying to find something strong enough to basically do the ubers to get some of those great runes (probably via Yshari) so i can finally get some half decent runewords going in, might have to try this... thanks! I must've wasted 200 crystals trying to double mo a rockshatter so far, up to the next one now...

Basha
Living Flame

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by archon256 on Sun May 03, 2015 1:10 am

Can someone suggest a good skillplan for a Resurrect paladin?

I'm thinking max Colosseum for the -enemy DR and light influence tree for Rapture (would prefer Scourge over Hoplites for more damage, but tank minions are fine too). May as well max VoR so I can do a bunch of damage to monsters when I teleport onto them with Colosseum (VoR does phys damage).

Not sure about the rest of my skills. Can't really use Dragon skills because Colosseum blocks the morph. Should I use an oskill spell or just spam Retaliate? That would push monsters out of the Colosseum, so maybe Hammerstrike instead? Then again that would require me to put points into Strength and equip a damage-dealing weapon instead of relying on my minions to kill things, which sort of defeats the point.

archon256
Amazon Warrior

I Am Someone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dmitriy Of on Sun May 03, 2015 2:23 am

From my expirience holy paladins are most fragile then unholy so, you should max your defensive statistics and then choice some attack thing. Colosseum may be used as 1-pointer cuz its range too small for main skill and you blinking on your enemy so you get way more hits then with DA - therefore 1-point or 25 doesn't matter much. Dragonform may be still used for some fire spell damage and high attack/cast speed increasing, you can precast it before Colosseum. Retaliate seem like only attack skill required for dragon paladin. Ideally you should keep your resurrected monster nearly with DA and spreading slow from gear/use Colosseum on phys immune monsters/bosses imho. Just theory - i tried switch plague on resurrection on my paladin but result was pretty weak and really multiskill switching similar to barbs. Sad

Dmitriy Of
Curst Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by archon256 on Sun May 03, 2015 3:26 am

That sounds more like a generic holy melee paladin to me, my goal is to attempt to maximize damage from summons. Colosseum helps with that because it effectively boosts their physical damage by at least 50% (multiplicative with all the other sources), and more against targets that have innate phys res.

If I want to use Colosseum every fight I can't use Dragon Oath, so that side of the tree is right out.

Right now I'm thinking of stacking Energy so that VoR does more damage and using some oskill spell. Maybe Brimstone, there are 3 different item types that can spawn it, but not sure how effective it is.

Edit: Of course it's entirely possible that Resurrect is terrible in MXL:U XV and no one's bothered to test it and give feedback on it after all the Paladin changes.  Eh? That'd be a shame though.

archon256
Amazon Warrior

I Am Someone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SWaP on Sun May 03, 2015 11:06 am

Rha vs. Xar. What rw is better for amazon using Curare as uberskill? Xar gives additional -EPR, but Rha seems better (maybe because of on kill proc?) :\

SWaP
Darkwarden

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Str0b3l on Sun May 03, 2015 11:08 am

craft with max dmg and sor proc

Str0b3l
The Butcher

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kato on Sun May 03, 2015 11:42 am

@Quirinus wrote:yep, the patch is server side, so you can't see everything on your client side D2. but it's working. people are already lvl 121
Well it's not showing on the server either. When I go into chat I see my char as 120. When I look on the ladder I'm 120.
When I point at the xp bar in-game it says 7161801 / 7141000  i.e. more than enough for 121.

To test it a bit I did this:

1. When I first posted about this it was over 7141000, so I got killed until... it went back below 7141000. That shouldn't happen, reverting to a lower level effectively?

2. I levelled back up above 7141000 and went into chat also checked ladder as described above and saw that the server seems to think I'm only 120.

The only thing that would explain this is if the xp bar's "target" of 7141000 for level 121 is not the same as the server thinks is the xp target for level 121? But I don't see the 121 target published anywhere so I can't tell.

Confused. Scratch

Kato
Core Lord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Quirinus on Sun May 03, 2015 12:33 pm

no, 7,141,000 = 120
121 = like 100,000,000

Quirinus
Creature of Flame

Bloody High Five