Short Questions Thread

Page 5 of 100 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 52 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Short Questions Thread

Post by gg2 on Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:10 pm

Blood thorn is a spell and is triggered each time you TRY to swing your weapon (so it's affected by your attack speed)
The skill doesn't leech any life by itself, since it doesn't have a wdm component, but the actual hit will leech ( won't leech much since uh pally don't have huge physical damage, but still.)

The attack rating is the same as your normal attack, but the skill will still trigger even if you miss.
gg2
Scaled Mutant

Marco's Favorite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daddyyo on Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:20 pm

I have Taqiyya tepoztopilli made with 1200-1500dmg, and using blood thorns. So you recon I shouldn't double mo life leech on it at all?
It's triggering all those other ctc on melee attack procs and it's a huge light show with superbeast's attack speed <3

edit: Ofc I'm using Hymn aswell but would be nice if I could get some life leech elsewhere aswell.

daddyyo
Thunder Beetle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gg2 on Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:36 pm

Well I guess if the dmg is 1200-1500 you will get some life leech, but I don't think that, with the Destruction penality, you will notice life leech that much.

I would rather use a 10 life on striking on melee or than 2% life leech since you hit fast but not so strong.
But that's me, and some people may think otherwise

Also, maybe orb AR if you have trouble hitting, since hymn only trigger on successful hit.
gg2
Scaled Mutant

Marco's Favorite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by suchbalance on Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:40 pm

If you are using the melee side of the unholy tree, then you are essentially a melee only spellcaster.

Therefore focusing on weapons with high damage is wrong, you will do better do boost your spell damages and resistance pierce and use a weapon with low damage but good spell damage procs. An awesome choice is the Demhe - flail RW. That plague avatar proc demolishes everything when you have 100% psn pierce.

suchbalance
Ethereal

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daddyyo on Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:23 am

Which swap should I have then if I used Demhe versus poison immune bosses?
Awesome tips btw, haven't even noticed that weapon before.

daddyyo
Thunder Beetle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gg2 on Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:07 am

blood thorn would kill poison immune..
gg2
Scaled Mutant

Marco's Favorite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daddyyo on Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:25 am

Well true.. Just thought if I missed some other nice weapon of choice other than T6 Angel Star which adds quite a bit fire dmg and lot of room for MOs.

daddyyo
Thunder Beetle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Quirinus on Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:01 am

@Kato wrote:Cows - does the rule still apply that if you kill the boss you can't open the portal any more (as in old cLoD)?
  EDIT: Other question - is there any point in doing Hatred cows? If so, to what level is the xp worthwhile?

as Str0b3l said.

The xp level you can see under the pic of each uber in the docs.

fot cows it's:
Level
Hatred : 85
Terror : 115
Destruction : 120

You start getting less xp if you're 5 lvls different than that, at 10 levels difference or more, you only get 5% xp. So on hatred you can use it to get from like ~75 to ~95.

Creature of Flame

Bloody High Five
TGGood none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Serg on Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:47 am

Hey, quick question:

http://docs.median-xl.com/MXLU_vXVc_Doc_v2.94/grig/prefix_suffix.html wrote:The resulting crafted item spawns with 0-3 preset crafting affixes depending on luck and shrine type used (fixed 1 or 2 preset crafting affixes for jewels), and 1-4 extra random rare affixes, based on the item level:
<snip>
Crafted items can have at most 3 prefixes and 3 suffixes chosen from the random rare affix pool. Each random rare affix has a 1/2 chance to be a prefix or a suffix.

Bolded part is confusing me. Is there 3-suffix, 3-prefix cap on all crafted items?
If my Shrine Crafting rolled 3 Affixes, would that eat 1 of the Random Rare Affixes?
Or, if my Random Rare 100% rolled the 4 Random Rare Affixes (from iLevel), can I only get a maximum of 2 from my Shrine Crafting Affixes?
Why suggest there is a cap of 3/3? Is it possible to roll a 6 Random Rare Affix + 3 Shrine Crafting Affix?
Thanks for your time!
Quick edit: Or... Does the 3/3 cap reference that you can have a maximum of 3 prefixes + 1 suffix, or vice-versa?

Final edit... answered my own question in under 30 seconds. Crafted this gem earlier:

It has 3 suffixes, 1 prefix. I come from Path of Exile where rares can have 3 prefixes, 3 suffixes... So I assumed Jewels/Rares in Diablo 2 were limited to 2 prefixes, 2 suffixes... But, it's a 1/3, 2/2, 3/1.
Sorry for the bother! Striked out for posterity.

Serg
Kill Rat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by suchbalance on Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:43 am

Yup in this game rare jewels can spawn with 3-4 affixes. Each of those has a 50% chance to be either a prefix or a suffix, and you cannot have more than 3 of each. Therefore when you roll a rare jewel you can end up with 2p + 2s or 3p + 1s or 0p + 3s for example, but never 4p or 4s.

Then if you use a crafting recipe, on top of the above you always get the crafting modifier, depending on what rune you have used.

Lastly you can cube jewels with:

*an oil of luck for a 20% chance to add
+2 to Strength and/or +2 to Dexterity and/or +2 to Energy and/or +2 to Vitality

OR

*an oil of blessed luck (from terror special box) for a 15% chance to add
+(2 to 4) to Strength and/or +(2 to 4) to Dexterity and/or +(2 to 4) to Energy and/or +(2 to 4) to Vitality

OR

* if it is a unique then it can be cubed with the sunstone of the gods (tran athulua uberlevel charm reward), for a 5% chance to add 10% to all resistance.

NB. Other rares, apart from jewels, spawn with 3-6 affixes but still follow the 50% chance to assign preffix or suffix rule, and 3 of each cap as above.

suchbalance
Ethereal

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 100 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 52 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: