Pre-Buffing Question

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Pre-Buffing Question

Post by HalfGodBro on Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:01 am

I was wondering if every single buff keeps the +skill bonus if you cast it with more +skill before switching out to another weapon?
Like for exemple, Vessel of judgment? its a buff that cast spells, if i switch to my +5 all skills staff before casting it, will it keep the higher damage?
im quite sure it will not keep the higher buffed damage from Life and death tho

HalfGodBro
Mangler

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pre-Buffing Question

Post by Borgin on Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:24 am

So this is a pretty complex answer.

If you want to pre-buff, it usually works the way you want. Why only usually?

In MXLU, there are a lot of "buffs" that also deal damage to enemies by using missiles. VoJ is one such buff. When using these types of buffs, any +skill bonuses used upon casting are applied. The weirdness comes when the buff starts actually creating missiles. When a missile is spawned by the player, it uses their current equipment/stats to determine the damage of the missile. Basically, what will happen is that you'll have the base damage increase of your prebuff gear, but the %spelldamage bonuses of your current gearset.

It is possible to exploit this by using very large +skill gear, casting prebuffs, and then switching to very large %spelldamage gear. You get the "best of both worlds"- high base damage (and long duration, usually) along with increased spelldamage percents.

Caveat: I might be wrong but I'm about 90% sure on this. Wait for confirmation from somebody smarter than me. Wink

[edit]
I should clarify as well- for anything that's just a "regular" buff, pre-buffing works as expected- you inherit your pre-buff gear's +skills and +duration bonuses (as well as anything else your pre-buff gearset may give). In the case of VoJ, pre-buffing should affect it, and its relevant passive (you won't "lose" the synergy upon gear switching). It's just the missile thing that gets weird.

Borgin
Blood Stone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pre-Buffing Question

Post by HalfGodBro on Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:28 am

thanks a lot, i was wishing it was actually working like this Razz

HalfGodBro
Mangler

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top