Sacrifices on kill procs?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sacrifices on kill procs?

Post by PodolskyV on Sat May 02, 2015 3:52 pm

Can I use sacrifices to activate on-kill procs? If yes, what character would be better to make a procing reanimator build? Give me please some advices and tips. I suppose necro with Black Cat RW MOed with spike nova orbs would be awesome if I could trigger on-kill procs by using sacrifices. I think I can use some poison skill like carpet of spiders and then put sacrifices into AOE, but how can I get such oskill?

PodolskyV
Horror

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sacrifices on kill procs?

Post by void on Sat May 02, 2015 4:03 pm

Sacrifices don't trigger on-kill procs so don't bother.
They do however trigger when enemy is slain.
There are a few items that have this proc but the builds based on them and Sacrifices aren't very viable.

void
Prince Albrecht

Cool Font Guy
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by suchbalance on Sat May 02, 2015 4:27 pm

Yes when enemy is slain proc with realm only secret staff for trinity nova was the first thing that came to my mind, not quite sure if that would deal enough damage to base a build around however.

Also was there not a topic some time ago, where someone used the oskill Devil's fang totem (TU Demon Head) - it's basically a totem that casts 5 waves of sacrifices and then kills them summonning regular gothis.

Now you just need to lay down some WDM aoe skill that kills the sheep before the totem - the person used death shards oskill, but probably something like new Malice tree poison skill will also work? This then grants you many on kill procs stacked at a single location. So this type of skill usage will only be good against bosses who do not run away.

---
nvm it was archon:

@archon256 wrote:
3) You should mention the Devil's Fang Totem oskill on the Hellspeak TU shield. It's just as annoying to use as the above combo because you need a corpse to summon it, but even more so because the Sacrifices timer blocks it. So even if you've teleported long enough for the Sacrifices timer to end you still need to wait the 9+ seconds after casting it before you can cast Devil Fang's Totem.

That said, it's still an incredibly powerful skill for fighting Act bosses and other tough single monsters. You essentially get an endless army of reanimates much faster than with Sacrifices, as well as a lot more corpses to Death Shard.

There's also a very interesting aspect to it - if you cast Devil's Fang totem on a pile of corpses and then start spamming Death Shards on top of it, victims it summons can be killed by your Death Shards before the totem can kill them... meaning you get free Life on Kill and On Kill procs! Very Happy I get a lot of guard towers from Jitan's Kamon that way when fighting Griswold, the Butcher, the Smith etc.

suchbalance
Ethereal

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PodolskyV on Sat May 02, 2015 5:08 pm

OMG, that's great!!! bit sadly because of spell timer of totem and sacrifices, also because I need to use shield to get that totem, so I can't use Black Cat RW, but I can use Urada and have million of necrobots. That build will be powerfull in summon ubers, and it so cool because my assassin have been stoped by Aldric Jitan and Judgement Day. Thanks for usefull tips Cheers!

PodolskyV
Horror

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HalfGodBro on Sun May 03, 2015 5:32 am

hmm, does all kind of poison proc On Kill effect?

HalfGodBro
Mangler

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by munkyh3ad on Sun May 03, 2015 5:41 am

If it's been poisoned for more than 1 frame, and 1 frame is 1/25 of a second.

munkyh3ad
Dark Lady

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PodolskyV on Sun May 03, 2015 7:19 am

I tested the devil's fang totem and noticed that it triggers only if some enemy is near to it. It can be bit annoying in summoning ubers because of dark summoning spelltimer and makes this build even more spicific that I thought before. So maybe I can get carpet of spiders or miasma as oskill to kill hostages before they dies automaticaly and enjoy decent amount of on-kill procs?

I found Carpet of Spiders only on SSU marrow staff. It's too expensive and I can't use Black Cat RW, but it has darkling reanimate on other hand. Maybe devouring cloud will be ok to kill prisoners, give me please some tips about similar oskills.

PodolskyV
Horror

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by archon256 on Sun May 03, 2015 8:33 am

When I did my Necro, killing Devil Fang's Totem victims wasn't the main part of my build. I was using it to make corpses to blow up for Deathshards (and later Fairy Ring), and as a secondary effect to create reanimates to tank for me in the Unformed Land. The on-kill stuff was just a nice side-effect more than anything.

archon256
Amazon Warrior

I Am Someone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PodolskyV on Sun May 03, 2015 8:48 am

What item you used to get death shards? I see only javelin rare/craft. Give me please link to that thread, that's will be simplest way.

PodolskyV
Horror

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by archon256 on Sun May 03, 2015 8:54 am

It was based on this thread
http://www.medianxl.com/t3401-mxlu-xi-dsrn-a-necromancer-guide

Javelin rare and later a craft is what I used. Note that it's a rare oskill so you'll have to roll for it a lot before getting it. Later on I switched to Fairy Ring.

Also one thing I did differently from that guide is that I used Fireheart Totems alongside Deathshards, with smaxed Dragonfire Oil and -100% enemy fire res from my gear. Fairy Ring also converts 50% of your damage to fire, so it also benefits from the -EFR.

To be honest though I didn't really like Deathshards. The real power is in Fairy Ring, but that comes from an expensive item that takes a lot of farming (which I farmed for with Deathshards). If I played it now I would farm for Fairy Ring with Fireheart Totem + some Xbow skill.

archon256
Amazon Warrior

I Am Someone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum