Warcraft III anyone?

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Warcraft III anyone?

Post by Sm0cker on Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:21 pm

For any custom map player id recommend TKoK RPG. Really good rpg with quests, skill custom trees, custom inventory, hard bosses etc.
If you like some pvp arena maps, be sure to check out WoW arena allstars 4.3
Impossible Bosses is good and really hard boss battle map.

Sm0cker
Kill Rat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rdx88 on Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:45 pm

I especially enjoy Legion TD in it's offcial form not the quantity mods. It has its moments.

rdx88
Steelfur Titan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mephisto on Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:33 pm

Warcraft III... the name reminds me of so much awesomeness.

Saw some people mentioning Element TD: Indeed, the best TD ever. I find it awesome they made it for Starcraft II too. I must also mention this TD called '2005!' I think, it wasn't eye-candy (talking about explanations, names, ability text etc) but had a crapload of fun playing it.

But what I simply must mention is Pyramid Escape. Played as a team game, it's suspenseful atmosphere filled me with joy every time I had to walk across a corridor not knowing what the hell was about to happen or running from random monsters and evil stuff chasing me.

Mephisto
Stygian Watcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Botnik on Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:58 pm

Who would be up to play some w3 right now? I know of a great private server or we can use Hamachi
Botnik
Hellcat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RAD-82 on Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:55 am

tl;dr I'm not playing:
I didn't have the internet back when I played this game. I doubt I would have played well in a competitive sense.

There was a custom map that I liked which came with the game, but I don't remember what it was called. You controlled one hero, which you picked at the start. It was designed for co-op multi-player, so I had to dabble with the editor program in order to complete it by myself. Messing around with this map helped me learn to make my own little level, which I wish I still had. I lost all my WC3 data when the HDD stopped working; I never bothered to re-install the game on the new HDD. The level wasn't anything spectacular, probably wasn't even challenging, but I liked it. I'm going to try my best to describe it.

Single player map: I think it was as small as I could make it. It was completely flat and clear. Basically a square of grass with eight dirt paths joining in the middle. This location is where eight different human factions are fighting each other. You, the player, don't control any of these humans.

Goal: Destroy all humans! They bring death and destruction, so they must die.

Problem: You are a critter, and you can't do anything to the humans, and they ignore you. Originally, you were a bunny, but I believe I managed to randomize that so you could also be a chicken, frog, and I don't remember what the fourth one was; I think it might have been a rat.

Gameplay: Human warriors spawn at the map edges and run towards the center to do battle with each other. You are a magical critter. The magic causes your life to constantly drain, and gives you the power to summon other creatures at the cost of your own health. To survive, you have to eat the dead. As your magic grows, you get closer to achieving your goal.

I always found it a little funny that you play a meat-eating bunny/chicken/frog. I guess that fourth character wasn't as funny?

The game camera is always locked on your character. To provide a minor degree of annoyance, the camera is always rotating around your character. You can alter the rotation speed and direction, but never stop it.

The size of your critter was dependent on your HP. Despite your size getting larger as you level up, the humans still ignore you.

There is a table that keeps track of the human teams. I don't remember much about it.

I don't think this map had an actual end. If you died, the humans kept fighting and you could respawn once you knew what to type in, which it would eventually tell you. If all the humans died, then I don't remember what happened. I assume it didn't end and your life would eventually run out, so you would still be dead even though you won the scenario. I can't remember if there was an in-game timer that would stop when the last human dies, but it makes sense to me that this map should have something like that.

I had another idea (still single player), but I don't think I ever completed it. I only had a character, no actual level designed for it. You played as a bear. Your goal was to rescue little bear cubs; you were a transport character capable of holding two cubs at a time. You could equip one item; this is supposed to be something the bear would hold in it's mouth. The bear could swim; I don't remember the default settings for the bear, but I think I had to enable deep water swimming. The bear could jump; basically a very short range teleport skill meant for scaling very small cliffs, such as going from shallow water to land without the need for a beach.

That seems to be all I can remember. I don't have anything else to do, so I may re-install the game soon (not right now). I wouldn't really trust my wireless router for online play. I'm not close enough to it for a good signal, and I can't get closer.

edit: Installed, and now I know that custom map that I liked is called WarChasers.
further edit: Completed WarChasers solo in four and a half hours. I didn't need to edit it to complete it. It seems I only edited it back then to give myself a new character and to deal with the problem of sitting around doing nothing in the tank section while I waited for the life to slowly regenerate. I hate that tank section, because my items and character development is completely ignored.
RAD-82
Bone Sorcerer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Istaryu on Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:26 am

Anyone playing moo moo or rpgs? (tbr, goh mostly)

Istaryu
Curst Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by vadust on Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:38 am

Moo moo req to know most of it secrets(few hundred of them) or you will never finish it or will stuck at final boss. Damn stupid map ><. It just based on that secrets not on teamwork/ hardcore player style/etc.

vadust
Scaled Mutant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by iwansquall on Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:31 am

I played old version until i killed the centaur

But when i revisit again.... TOO MANY STUFF TO LEARN WTF!
Especially when you already used buying stuff in dota, in moo moo you have to drop item + pickup properly to combine item.

Not to mention some of item goes until 5 tiers.
iwansquall
Blood Golem

Underpowered Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Istaryu on Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:28 pm

It is possible to complete it without secrets, at least in easy-normal mode

Istaryu
Curst Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ki on Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:11 am

Used to be in a clan for battleships. Went from 13ns to 13nA then BsC lol. I also got offered to be in Vbe a while ago but I don't play vampirism anymore
Ki
Onyx Knight

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum