Unformed lands enemy pierce

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Unformed lands enemy pierce

Post by Johnny Impak on Mon May 04, 2015 12:39 am

Hell-o folks.

Just wondering how many resistance the fire, cold and lightning enemies pierce in the unformed lands.

Stacked up 450%, with 80% max res ( Might be the problem), but I saw no difference at all. Also having the jday 10% absorb charm. As a melee char, I need to withstand a lot of hits. Stone does no damage at all (50% dr and blessed life ftw), poison hurts a little with tainted blood and magic deals moderate dmg. Around 1k, but not much I can do about it for now because I don't have those SU heavy boots. But the fire, cold and lightning ones hits way harder.

Any help you be appreciated on this. Razz

Johnny Impak
Trapped Soul

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Unformed lands enemy pierce

Post by arhowk on Mon May 04, 2015 12:48 am

http://www.medianxl.com/t7371-short-questions-thread
from the looks of it, the 80% max res might be the issue. Whats your life like though? Under ~13k would be an issue. 90% mr and 13k-14k life would be fine along with absorb etc

%mr can be obtained with kabrxis charm + pgems, life by misc. charms, empyrean bands, passives, etc.

arhowk
Thunderbolt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnny Impak on Mon May 04, 2015 1:03 am

Life is 12k. Well, Kabraxis is and will always be an issue to me. Guess I'm going to keep on farming T-A and bosses for stuff I can trade for stones. Although it is not impossible in my setup, I tele in more than 5 of them at once and I'm dead. Was meant to be an impossible uber, so I won't complain.

Johnny Impak
Trapped Soul

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by suchbalance on Mon May 04, 2015 1:26 am

You're playing unholy pally? There is no point to try and stack resists. I'm roflstomping that place with my tantrumdin (basically a melee). Respec to unholy influence and keep 25 scourges around with you. They constantly heal up and tank many hits each which allow you to kill elementals in the mean time. Don't forget to use vindicate to heal up.

suchbalance
Ethereal

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnny Impak on Mon May 04, 2015 1:32 am

Don't laugh, I'm playing a vessel of retribution paladin. Dmg is sweet Smile 45-60k 20x per second. So going for unholy influence is sadly not an option, unless I entirely change my playstyle, which I am afraid of. Never played a regular unholy paladin before. Neither I know what skills are to etc. Will surely test soon tho.

OMG, I will have to click on things for them to die :O

Johnny Impak
Trapped Soul

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gg2 on Mon May 04, 2015 1:32 am

They pierce at about 800% IIRC and you shouldn't try to tank it, but rather kill them fast and avoid getting hit.

gg2
Scaled Mutant

Marco's Favorite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnny Impak on Mon May 04, 2015 1:35 am

800% ehh. Challenge accepted then. I know I got your post completely wrong, it's just because I want to be able to do everything without respecing nor clicking on things. ( I know I will have to do some tweaks for some ubers, it's impossible with just physical damage I know.)

Don't judge me for my lazyness Razz

Johnny Impak
Trapped Soul

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Basha on Mon May 04, 2015 2:28 am

@gg2 wrote:They pierce at about 800% IIRC and you shouldn't try to tank it, but rather kill them fast and avoid getting hit.

@manafire wrote:elemental resistance is obsolete in The Unformed Land due to enemies having 1000% Pierce; instead, dodging and elemental absorbs, flat or %, are useful

I cringed reading this, from the XV Bow Druid guide.

Basha
Living Flame

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnny Impak on Mon May 04, 2015 2:36 am

1000% ... Well, think I'm going to rethink my strategy/do it with better gear/ trade for them. Thx for the help guys

Johnny Impak
Trapped Soul

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RollsRoyce on Mon May 04, 2015 5:39 am

i also think that i read 800% pierce for those balls. Farming them is really annoying, since the last changes you cant even leech from them and have to rely on lak

RollsRoyce
The Smith

롤스로이스 ☆☆☆☆
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum