View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lets talks about Hierodule.

Post by Segolia on Sun May 10, 2015 1:27 am

Sorceress Morph
+1 to Paladin Skill Levels
20% Faster Cast Rate
+(11 to 15)% to Lightning Spell Damage
+(11 to 15)% to Physical/Magic Spell Damage

I remember someone making a guide (can't find it myself, if anyone knows where it is lemme know!) using this Runeword for Holy Caster's lack of ridiculous cast speed from not having Superbeast. However since the Holy Caster Paladin is now a Dovakiin with a really good cast speed, there is no point in using this. Even then, using this Helmet for that build would be a bit underwhelming due to the lack of fire spell damage or -enemy fire resistance.

Now we all know that Superbeast trumps this runeword in an unholy caster build simply because Superbeast Bow down prostrate, but after looking at this runeword and looking at Resurrect, it peaked my interest in trying something 'new'. Simply put, I'm in the process of leveling and gearing a Hierodule + Resurrect Unholy Paladin with Light Influence, while using Elverfolk Staff to make up for the lack of Cast-Speed that Superbeast naturally grants. Basically being a caster/summoner hybrid... sorta. It's basically Unholy Caster with 10 tanky minions while losing some spell damage. My skillplan is: Max Tainted Blood, Mind Flay, Slayer, Storm Lord, enough points in Blessed life to get %50 Damage Reduction, 1 point in Hoplites, 1 point in Resurrect, and any extra points into Rapture.

Now what I'm wondering is... has anyone tried something like this out before? I ask because while Hierodule looks cool, I can't help but feel I might not have enough damage/surviveability later on in certain situations. Hierodule is an underwhelming item late game due to it's lack of additional stats or powerful stats. Without superbeast, or any other crafted/runeword/SU Helm, there is a huge damage loss on spellcasting. With Superbeast, you already get that fast cast speed, plus the ability to have a shield if you want max block, or y'know, some extra defense. I'm really skeptical, and I want to hear your guys thoughts on the build. Keep? Ditch? Suggestions/Tips to improve?

Segolia
Bloody Butcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lets talks about Hierodule.

Post by suchbalance on Sun May 10, 2015 2:11 am

Opinion on the build or the runeword?

Runeword is nice if you are casting pre-level 90. Not mandatory by any means. However for end game, why give up the stats of one of your only class specific slots (which tend to be the strongest equips) for a morph that is inferior to both superbeast and deva king.

Regarding the build, you said it yourself - you lose out on 250+ spell damage from superbeast and the flexiblity of a shield if needed. Not to mention you also cannot utilise the higher level Paladin Helm SUs, such as the SSSU hundsgugel or nice runewords like Crusade.

I've played unholy caster a lot and an obvious advantage of your build would be farming Toraja. Maybe resurrects can be useful in tanking some Yshari bosses too but that is a moot point. (Yes I am aware you can use resurrect + the dragon star to cheese ubers like laz, but that is lame)

For everything else I'm pretty sure that the standard build would be superior.

suchbalance
Ethereal

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Big Ouchy on Sun May 10, 2015 5:13 am

Another thing people neglect when considering hierodule is the 1 handed attack speed of sorceress morphs. When i padiddled around with hammerstrike it was my go-to helm because of that. Great if you don't want to do a point dump and mess with timers for deva king which is more for hybrid builds using retaliate anyways.

Pre-dragon in the resonance period it was the obvious helm for hybrids as well. It's a shame resonance was so clunky cuz it was a neat build otherwise.

The Big Ouchy
Bear Shaman

More brilliant than Chuck Noris!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Segolia on Sun May 10, 2015 2:29 pm

I've played unholy caster a lot and an obvious advantage of your build would be farming Toraja.

Hmm, so I could farm Toraja until I get a Shaad and make a Cata pally.... I like it.

(Yes I am aware you can use resurrect + the dragon star to cheese ubers like laz, but that is lame)

Wait...WHAT... That is STILL a thing? Neutral

Another thing people neglect when considering hierodule is the 1 handed attack speed of sorceress morphs. When i padiddled around with hammerstrike it was my go-to helm because of that

Hmm, thats cool. I would of thought that by logic standpoint a paladin would be more effective in that regard.

Segolia
Bloody Butcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum