Soul of Wrath Ideas

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Soul of Wrath Ideas

Post by suchbalance on Sun May 10, 2015 10:00 pm

So after spending two hours on this boss, after getting the other 5 scrolls + ring, I am at a loss as to how to kill him legit.

The best result I had was getting him to 50% hp with the cheesy Sacred Armour, TP scroll on belt, go back to town when it expires method. I'm sure he can be killed this way if I had cleared the area from Darkspawn who prevented me from clicking on the TP and caused a death, but this is just a lame strategy in general.

Ok so now that this is out of the way, because information on this boss is scarce, here is some other stuff I tried/theorycrafted:

From what I can see his attack consists of 1) flying balls and 2) fire patches on the ground. It makes sense that the patches deal fire damage, and to hedge my bets I assumed the balls do magic. So, I'm wearing SSSU Splint Mail which gives flat fire absorb and have 95% fire resist. Also at 65% magic resist. Overcapped on Blessed Life just in case and for the extra flat damage reduction and sitting at 500k def. This gives me 28% chance to be hit by the soul, which is very high but since it is impossible to use TS against it stacking def higher would mean sacrificing either on magic resist or fire so I am not too sure if it is worth it.

With the above considered, staying in 1 spot with the soul alone attacking me leads to death in seconds. The only time I have managed to survive is when using the Spin to Win Oskill to counter his knockback. By using it I have managed to survive up to 3-4 minutes, spinning around the altar in the center of the room. However this creates a new problem - the boss is not losing any HP.

To test why this was an issue I spent some time rejoining the game, until I managed to get in the boss room without aggroing the soul. Then sitting at over 1 screen distance away from him (before he sees me and teleports on my head), for about 2-3 minutes before the boss finally aggroed me. I noticed that he had not lost any life => he is damaging himself only when he is casting his spell. This lead me to believe that spinning around is too fast for the invisible missiles (or whatever the mechanic is) that damage him to catch up.

So this in turn led me to try out 1) 50% Slows Attacker via Zod runes & 2) 50% Slows Melee Target via Krys RW Gloves. In both cases I also removed all other sources of slow (triune charm) to prevent overwriting. The result? No improvement, I can still spin around for some minutes but the boss is not losing any life. I also tried "teleport when damage taken" mod with the slow setup and that too did not yield any improvement.

I would test more, but it seems the constantly respawning Darkspawn eventually fucked up my game and I was getting "Your connection has been terminated" messages every time I got near the soul room.

So apart from trying to fuck all types of extra resist and just going for full defence stacking, which I will probably try tomorrow, I am kind of out of ideas  Laughing

Any ideas or tips from players who have killed him legit are appreciated.

suchbalance
Ethereal

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Soul of Wrath Ideas

Post by romanN1 on Sun May 10, 2015 10:54 pm

try hidding behind those torchlights in the corners

romanN1
The Smith

Mr. Nice Guy

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/winstonjaegarn

Back to top Go down

Post by suchbalance on Sun May 10, 2015 11:39 pm

Laughing

Spoiler:
Yes I was desperate enough to try it, but my African American is too fat to get behind

suchbalance
Ethereal

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RollsRoyce on Mon May 11, 2015 6:10 am

Hi, nice strategies that you tried, but since i was involved in the creation of this boss i think i might add a few things:

1) he is not using an attack animation, he is using a so called sequence which cannot be slowed down
2) on attack he is casting a skill, that dmges him over time, and ofc he heals to full with lak as soon as he kills you

As far as i know people use the good old rathma chosen to kill him.

A strategy i could think of:

1) Active SA and let him hit you, when he starts to loose life start "spin to win"
2) As soon as SA timer is off activate it and let him attack you
3) repeat

RollsRoyce
The Smith

롤스로이스 ☆☆☆☆
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum