Melee Necro struggle - need advice

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Melee Necro struggle - need advice

Post by MRNI on Tue May 19, 2015 10:53 am

I've recently returned to Median XL to try out the ultimative version. However i feel super squishy, and I feel like i've tried everything i could think of before I look for advice on the forums. All the content progress wise, hasn't been a problem at all except DBaal, But pretty much all the uber quests, heroics etc. I find myself being 1-3 shot, And i end up just spam summoning (as a melee character) to tank for my friend who's playing a ranged/spell caster, in a desperate attempt to get charms in order to get stronger at possibly, at some point take a few more hits. I now have 20 charms from the uber quests, yet i dont feel like i can take any more hits. I'm gonna give you guys some information about my character, and hopefully some experienced player can help me out on how to improve.

lvl 120 / Defense 321k / Life 10k / Max res 90 All / Parasite dmg 42k-69k.

Gear: Bonesplitter Chthon, SU Huo zhi wang, Rathma's Helm, Rathma's Belt, Kali Gloves, Crafted Boots, Klaatu Amulet, 2x 1 all skill rings, with other goodies.

Skills Maxed: Famine, Dragonfire Oil, DeathLord, Embalming, Death Ward (Filling rest into Parasite).

notable 1 pointers: Graveyard, Summon Shadows.

Stats: All STR.

Picture of Stats and Gear :

I'm thinking since im (4/5) Rathma's the last piece (Weapon) would help me out a lot, but i'm yet to find a comfortable place to farm set items. (Used Terror Tristram boxes for the first 4) Any advice on this would be great too. Thank you in advance.

MRNI
Ent

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Melee Necro struggle - need advice

Post by nikolaipka on Tue May 19, 2015 11:22 am

As I play melee also, BUT i switch to xbow and melee depending on ubers and needs.
For my melee gear:
Weapon Sur rw, armor Tu Chain mail, boots,gloves str crafted (Creepy Shrines), Tu heavy belt, Amulet doom+2 skills is easy to obtain, 2x rings of disengagement ( or 1sk rares MO for - enemy res), tu diadem. Later i switched boots and helm with rathmas. One really essential item for buffing is Su Wand (lionheart+tainted blood). Try to make some trade to take the rathma wep, after this dunc and tran athalua is cakewalk.
Skills: Max Deathlord, Parasite, Famine, Dragonfire Oil, Death Ward
1 Pts: Graveyard, Embalming, Talon's Hold
I play without shadow pointer and if any pts remaining put on embalming, but this is my opinion.
 Also you can check this video made by Stoya. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9hfu6W3rPg

nikolaipka
Fairy Witch

TGGood 2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MRNI on Tue May 19, 2015 1:39 pm

Assuming this Stoya person is doing this on destruction. I dont understand what im doing wrong. I'm doing Phys/magic version of Melee Necro, and he's doing Ele version. Still doesnt change the fact that destruction fautz is killing me faster than I life leech, and in 2-3 Hits. I've been watching youtube videos, just to see people face tanking everthing that kills me in seconds, not using any tactics or brain what so ever. It leaves me to think that people in these videos are either cheating, or there is another defensive mechanic i dont know about.

MRNI
Ent

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by romanN1 on Tue May 19, 2015 1:45 pm

Or you are doing something wrong, or you have a bad skillplan.
Try changing the next items. Instead of rathma helm use Yul RW, instead of that armor use TU6 jitan, instead of rathma belt use tu6 deadfall, and for gloves use creepy crafted with stormblast on attack. Use jewels with str% bonus and 2% life leech. You will see a difference Wink.

Last edited by romanN1 on Tue May 19, 2015 1:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

romanN1
The Smith

Mr. Nice Guy

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/winstonjaegarn

Back to top Go down

Post by MRNI on Tue May 19, 2015 1:47 pm

@romanN1 wrote:Or you are doing something wrong, or you have a bad skillplan.

I was hoping for more specific advice than this, since i posted all my skills etc. Like i mentioned in previous comment, "I dont understand what im doing wrong" thats why i'm posting in Newbie help, and thats why im asking for experienced players advice.

MRNI
Ent

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by romanN1 on Tue May 19, 2015 1:51 pm

Read the edit.
Also instead of klaatu amulet, please use one with +skills(3-5), ctc doom, ttad (if you also get this even better) and empyrean bands. Rare rings for WDM can only be good if they have vampyric icon when struck and/or unseelie curse on kill.

romanN1
The Smith

Mr. Nice Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by MRNI on Tue May 19, 2015 1:59 pm

@romanN1 wrote:Or you are doing something wrong, or you have a bad skillplan.
Try changing the next items. Instead of rathma helm use Yul RW, instead of that armor use TU6 jitan, instead of rathma belt use tu6 deadfall, and for gloves use creepy crafted with stormblast on attack. Use jewels with str% bonus and 2% life leech. You will see a difference Wink.

These are good ideas, if I needed elemental damage, but for my request, unfortunately this doesnt help me much. My Damage as Phys/magic, has proven to be plenty. What i'm asking is How do I survive as melee when 321k Defense, 90 All Res, 10k Life and 70% life steal doesnt cut it.

The other thing was more of a suspecion, since set bonuses looks nice for rathma set. I needed input on where to farm set items, since anything up until "After" destruction goes down like butter.

MRNI
Ent

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by romanN1 on Tue May 19, 2015 2:01 pm

Well I just told you what to use so you wont die... Ele damage is more than enough from Dragonfire Oil. So basically you just need to add to the crafted gloves I suggested so -enemy fire res MOs, same for amulet and rings.

romanN1
The Smith

Mr. Nice Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by GregMXL on Tue May 19, 2015 2:06 pm

Please type in Melee Necro in the search function. There's a lot of topics to help you here. Search function brought up this: http://www.medianxl.com/search?mode=searchbox&search_keywords=Melee+Necro&show_results=topics

Jah in circlet, cham in boots, sur runeword in double Mo bonesplitter, nih rune word in armor or jitan kamon, tu heavy belt, pul runeword in gloves, 2% strength and 2% life leech jewels, ko runes in other slots. Pretty straightforward.

GregMXL
Zorun Tzin

Epic Admin
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan on Tue May 19, 2015 2:15 pm

Unless you got ITD, your AR is terrible. Even if you do have ITD, your AR is terrible. In conclusion: your AR is terrible.

Wotan
Madawc

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum