Meele katar sin?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Meele katar sin?

Post by redicomerade on Sat May 23, 2015 11:10 pm

Hey guys,
i went to pure meele sin using katar, ways, blink and shield and thought about how far can it go.
And after long hard work, not giving up, reading offline docs and awesome untwinked sin quide im finally convience myself to sin. Its really cool character. I just didnt saw anybody running meele with katar, everybody using nagi.

My build: max ways, perfect being, 2s blink, QOB 10 targets, crucify 1 point- thats my main damage dealer, SR 1 point

My equip:
Al dihn kata- this is just so great! All those stats
Eternal bodyguard shield
Natasha the assasin armor from cowboys from hell set- another 5% avoid yea FTW! :p
royal circlet
asheras armor belt
blind anger gloves, but im thinking about craft stormblast on hit
rings and amu some good rares
boots dex crafts with life and resists
on switch dual crafted claws with bloodlust and nih runes

And im just thinking is there anything i can upgrade to become stronger? I want to stay with this build and crucify. Not that im not strong at the moment, its 170k on card, dual crucify and elementals from al dihn.
I know auhe belt its strong, not having one at the moment, Gehenna? Remove natasha armor and 5% avoid for robes of steel? (another 50% spell damage), or something else? (dont tell me to farm 6 kabraxis stones! Thats just sic!!!! Very Happy )

Any suggestions guys?? Did anyone played this build? Can it do ysharis sanctum and the void?
Im slowly getting ready for it, do almost every uber, must only do witch, vizjun, bremmtown, kingdom ( always come to juris and get killed)
Thanks

redicomerade
Shock Stinger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Meele katar sin?

Post by suchbalance on Sun May 24, 2015 12:20 am

Hi, I'm no sin expert but I was theorycrafting a claw melee build before this ladder. So I can give you some advice.

First of all though, some of your gear choices are a bit suboptimal. For example, the only spell damage proc you have on your gear is a lvl 16 elemental from the claw. Now that by itself is a very weak proc, because of the low level so it will have a low base damage and hence % spell dmg won't boost it all that much.

To that extent at the moment your belt is useless. Furthermore any "% spell damage increase" or "% elemental damage increase" (like on bloodlust) does NOT increase the damage of your crucify spikes, despite what the character sheet is showing you.

So, my first suggestion for you would be to change your weapon to a WDM oriented claw, with a good WDM proc, to synergise with your ways. An obvious choice is the Hail runeword (Nih) - absolutely insane main hand for a claw melee assassin.

A second suggestion would be to ditch all spell procs alltogether and focus mainly on WDM procs for current and future gear. Why? Because of your skills. You have all this amazing ways damage and you should milk it for all its worth. Not saying that a spell proc gear set won't work but it's definitely the offbeat & harder to achieve & inferior way.

Finally, as far as my theorycraft is concerned I believe if you want to play claw melee that you play with dual claws instead of claw & shield. Why? Well what does a shield give: defence & block. Defence is meaningless for such a build (diminishing returns from avoid AND block) and cannot be stacked sufficiently. As far as the blocking is concerned this is covered by your amazing innate skill - Bloodbath. Enabling you to dual wield, cap block, sustain life AND take advantage of the awesome dual claw passive (HUGE EWD and deadly strike) & skills.

So it is pretty clear that 2 claws are superior to claw + shield, even if the only thing you use on the claw tree is the passive and still stick to your crucify (btw you shouldnt - try out noctule it is a great skill).

Last edited by suchbalance on Sun May 24, 2015 12:27 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : typos)

suchbalance
Ethereal

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by archon256 on Sun May 24, 2015 12:23 am

I had an old Katar sin guide with Crucify that revolved around life on striking from Adramalech RW weapon and Norrec's Targe SU sin shield, and Nero (Auhe) RW belt for its on-attack Fortress proc for more striking procs.

But that was way back before MXLU.

archon256
Amazon Warrior

I Am Someone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by redicomerade on Sun May 24, 2015 11:20 am

Suchbalance,
% spell damage does increase my crucify damage cause its increase ALL the ways damage. And its my main damage-rainbow damage from ways, and just a little magic and physic. So its one of the best affix im looking for. This belt, katar and shield all have % spell damage and it increase total damage a LOT, you can feel it in the game, not just char sheet.
As i know, all crucify spikes deal all my ways damage, everyone of them, so its really powerfull (or its just my feeling and i dont understand the meaning of powerfull Very Happy )
Its my damage: huge ways damage multiple hitting from crucify, 20% chance to cast another
crucify from gloves, 10% chance to cast third crucify from mo's from katar. I dont know if this third working, double crucify confirmed for sure.

I mean, when typing meele sin, meele range, not mainly physical damage Smile

The belt will be auhe thats for sure. As for the dual claw: i want to have the shield mainly for good looking and for the build, i just wanted to create a katar-shield sin. Dual claw will be another char Wink

Ill try nih weapon and noctule but...

I dont know if there will be beter katar than al dinh, i tried super duper judge claw with hammer proc, and it wasnt superior (tested on bosses). So proc from weapon dont count, i guess. Armor? T6 chain mail for proc? Is it worth loosing 5% dodge?

I dont complain on my char. Its very strong and doing good. I just want to squize from it as much as it can be done from the game, not changing much build and my lore for it :
katar-shield sin, with huge rainbow damage from ways, proccing it as much as it can Very Happy

Anyone advices please?

redicomerade
Shock Stinger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by munkyh3ad on Sun May 24, 2015 1:00 pm

No they don't, just your initial melee hit carries spell damage, the subsequent spikes (missiles) don't benefit from it. This is how the game is limited when it comes to WDM skills (ones with X/X Weapon Damage in description). Here is some explanation by the moder(s) http://www.medianxl.com/t86-how-spell-damage-works

-% enemy (element) resistance helps for sure, so aim for this instead of spell damage.

munkyh3ad
Dark Lady

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by redicomerade on Sun May 24, 2015 1:06 pm

My whole life was a lie!!!! Shocked
And i though its so multihiting ways damage ehhhh...
Looks like im really have to rebuild this char, does noctule carry ways damage? Or other multihitting skill, maybe oskill?

redicomerade
Shock Stinger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by suchbalance on Sun May 24, 2015 2:43 pm

Any weapon damage skill will carry the ways damage (which gets multiplied by its attack modifier ONLY and never by spell damage on projectile based attacks). Nothing is wrong with your char, just get rid of all the spell damage mods you've been stacking. Thats why the Nih claw is so good - shower of rocks is a 3/2 modifier attack. This means it applies all your ways damage to targets that it hits, increased by 50%. Not to mention that it debuffs all monsters by reducing their attack rating and slowing them which also is a defensive aspect of it.

Easy replacements - claw Nih RW instead of al dhih, belt deadfall instead of ashaera. However I do suggest you try dual claws instead, and since you can respec as much as you want you can try out skills as you please.

suchbalance
Ethereal

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by redicomerade on Sun May 24, 2015 4:29 pm

Okay i tried nih rw, its pretty awesome Very Happy but falling rocks dont do so much damage as i think it would do. Rain of them slowly kills souls in duncraig, did it with judge claw an T6 albrecht and its insansly faster, just like atmg but we are procing it not atmg :p

Dont know what next, have to test so much things now. All the equipment :/
Staying with % spell damage and judge and albrecht (spell damage increases arrows, hammers cause its carry ways damage), or nih runeword and maybe invest in? dont know what? akarat crucifix for awesome 400% weapon damage? akarat trex? huge LS?

Its full spell damage or full psyhic? Hybrid? AWWWWWW!!!
What will be da best?? Scratch

redicomerade
Shock Stinger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by archon256 on Sun May 24, 2015 6:25 pm

spell damage increases arrows, hammers cause its carry ways damage
No it doesn't Very Happy

Spell damage doesn't increase elemental damage on WDM missiles, only non-WDM ones.

archon256
Amazon Warrior

I Am Someone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by romanN1 on Sun May 24, 2015 6:50 pm

nih claws are used for batstriker...If you wanna focus on spell damage you need to have spell procs, spell damage gear and use twin fang strike. It's called flowersin.

romanN1
The Smith

Mr. Nice Guy

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/winstonjaegarn

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum