What am I doing wrong?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What am I doing wrong?

Post by Raynekloud009 on Sun May 24, 2015 12:33 pm

Hey guys,

So, I've been playing XVc for about 2 weeks now and i'm really at a loss. I made a post before about wanting a build that could help me get into Ubers for the first time, but after trying some of the tips offered, I realized that I have a different problem. I've poured over the docs, I've read thread after thread on here, I've experimented with things on my own, and I still seem to come up short. I've made and remade >=20 or so characters over the past two weeks and I have yet to get passed Terror difficulty. It seems to me that my primary problem always ends up being one or more of a few things I've noticed in common with all of them. A. Issues transitioning from Early to Mid-game gear (I.e. replacing TUs with something else, replacing honorifics, etc.) B. Skillplan to gear synergy (i.e. Not using the right gear to maximize the effectiveness of my skills) C. Empty socket syndrome (Always conflicted on what to put in my sockets, so I usually leave them open) D. Not MO'ing properly. E. Having absolutely no idea what to do when it comes to shrine crafting effectively.

I currently have two 100+ characters that have hit brick walls in Terror Difficulty. A Deathlord/Parasite/AoD Necro, and an Hbanshee/Elemental/PAvatar Elem Druid. Both are stuck in late Terror because I'm awful. Once I'm able to get a few SU's or Set pieces, I feel like I might have a bit more success, but getting to a point where I can comfortably do that is the issue. That being said, I love this game, and any advice anyone is willing to offer would be much appreciated.

tl;dr Tell me how to not be terribad at XVc

Raynekloud009
Desert Cat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What am I doing wrong?

Post by hellgrind on Sun May 24, 2015 2:01 pm

The first thing u had to realize is what type of char u play i.e melee, range or caster. And than u pick your gear specify for your char. Than u have to thing what type of attack he use i.e phys + elem or pure elem. Also if it's small area attack or single target attack or your attack cover entire screen, than u focus more on wdm or elemental proc.
Like you said u have 2 cahrs, necro and driud. Necro is tanky melee range char who use single/smal area of effect dmg skills (parasite, massacre) who focus his dmg on phys+ elem dmg (fire mostly) and u build him with a lot of wdm proc ON (melee) attack or On striking/kill. Also he need def (life, armor ect) and elem res to survive melee range. Driud on the other hand is a caster so he focus more on +spell dmg and - enemy res on his items rather than proc and def stats. But like every char he also need them just for not be a 1shot ko char.
Overall for items look in docs and guides on forum and you'll find a solution for your problems.
http://mxl.vn.cz/doc/ <-- docs

hellgrind
Burning Dead

Not so well known...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by suchbalance on Sun May 24, 2015 2:35 pm

Rayne, could you be more specific? What exactly is causing you to get stuck in terror?

I know it may not seem this way right now, but TUs are sufficient for ANY build to clear up to destruction baal and some can even clear most uberquests in them.

So let us know where your two lvl 100s are getting stuck - what are they dying to that you cannot pass. Post a skillplan, gear set and stat sheet for the char you enjoy playing the most and we can help you out.

suchbalance
Ethereal

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GregMXL on Sun May 24, 2015 3:56 pm

@Raynekloud009 wrote:Hey guys,

So, I've been playing XVc for about 2 weeks now and i'm really at a loss. I made a post before about wanting a build that could help me get into Ubers for the first time, but after trying some of the tips offered, I realized that I have a different problem. I've poured over the docs, I've read thread after thread on here, I've experimented with things on my own, and I still seem to come up short. I've made and remade >=20 or so characters over the past two weeks and I have yet to get passed Terror difficulty. It seems to me that my primary problem always ends up being one or more of a few things I've noticed in common with all of them. A. Issues transitioning from Early to Mid-game gear (I.e. replacing TUs with something else, replacing honorifics, etc.) B. Skillplan to gear synergy (i.e. Not using the right gear to maximize the effectiveness of my skills) C. Empty socket syndrome (Always conflicted on what to put in my sockets, so I usually leave them open) D. Not MO'ing properly. E. Having absolutely no idea what to do when it comes to shrine crafting effectively.

I currently have two 100+ characters that have hit brick walls in Terror Difficulty. A Deathlord/Parasite/AoD Necro, and an Hbanshee/Elemental/PAvatar Elem Druid. Both are stuck in late Terror because I'm awful. Once I'm able to get a few SU's or Set pieces, I feel like I might have a bit more success, but getting to a point where I can comfortably do that is the issue. That being said, I love this game, and any advice anyone is willing to offer would be much appreciated.

tl;dr Tell me how to not be terribad at XVc
You do not need to get sets or sus to make those characters powerful. With your poison druid you can simply use sol runes in most sockets, max plague avatar, poison flash and acid fiends. Make sure you have pagan rites 1 point for instant heal. Use whatever other element you wish. Make sure your rings have -100 enemy resists to your main elements(especially poison), early game you can accomplish this by using honorifics for boots and gloves. Mo all jewelry with poison skill duration, enemy resists and spell damage. Rest of the gear should be robe of leaves(always have mark of the wild buffed), druid helm with chronofield proc, aerin orbiter belt, and tu gnarled staff or flamen staff. This should really get you into destruction without a problem.
For melee necro just type in melee necro using the search funtion. There's a lot of info there on him.

GregMXL
Zorun Tzin

Epic Admin
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Raynekloud009 on Sun May 24, 2015 4:28 pm

k, I'll start with my Elem Druid since I feel a bit more comfortable with him than my Necro.

TU (6) Flamen Staff Naiad King (+6 skills, MO'd with Energy Factor to spell dmg)
TU (6) Earth Song Hawk Helm (MO'd with %ED and %TCD)
TU (6) Robe of Leaves Scale Mail (MO'd with %ED and %TCD)
TU (6) Aerin Orbiter Belt (MO'd with %allres, %ED, and %TCD)
T1 Honorific Gloves (MO'd with %FSD, %CSD, %Allres, and %TCD)
T1 Honorific Heavy Boots (same as gloves)
Ring 1 (rare with +1 skill, Supernova on death, 12% Spell Dmg, MO'd with -ECR and -EFR
Ring 2 (rare with +1 skill, 11% Spell Dmg, High fire and psn res, MO'd with -EFR
Ammy (rare with +3 skills, negligible other stats)

Health after Goodberry: 7227

All points so far have gone into Elemental, Hbanshee, Pflash (for fiends), PAvatar (fiends and Fire cold immunes), Acid Fiends, Goodberry, and Force of Nature. Merc is Shapeshifter armed with a few sacred rares I picked up. BRC not even started (except Greed). LC0, 1, and 2, and Ennead done.

Currently getting RAILED in Terror Halls of Pain. Main issue being the large variety of immunes in there forcing me to constantly skill switch. Wraithlords and Unseelie Ladies rape me mercilessly. My minions die quickly despite having 25 of them with more health than me.

Last edited by Raynekloud009 on Sun May 24, 2015 4:36 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot something)

Raynekloud009
Desert Cat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hellgrind on Sun May 24, 2015 4:45 pm

Dont to nihatlack yet, it's really hard for caster. Just keep progress with quests and do terr than dest.

hellgrind
Burning Dead

Not so well known...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by void on Sun May 24, 2015 4:48 pm

1. force of nature is bad if you dont have many points put into it, so use faery fire instead, put str for gear and rest in energy, if you need make some -requirement jewels if you want to use high str armor (late game its good though)
2. cansider using mos with minion life and minion res, the res helps a lot
3. you have elvensong, theres nothing wrong with using it once in a while
4. you dont have to do halls of pain if you want to skip them
5. make sure you have -100 psn and fire enemy res before get lots of %spell damage, i couldnt tell from your description if you hit -100 (especially on psn), might be good to remake honorifics for that

thats all i can think of right now

void
Prince Albrecht

Cool Font Guy
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Raynekloud009 on Sun May 24, 2015 5:09 pm

@void wrote:1. force of nature is bad if you dont have many points put into it, so use faery fire instead, put str for gear and rest in energy, if you need make some -requirement jewels if you want to use high str armor (late game its good though)
2. cansider using mos with minion life and minion res, the res helps a lot
3. you have elvensong, theres nothing wrong with using it once in a while
4. you dont have to do halls of pain if you want to skip them
5. make sure you have -100 psn and fire enemy res before get lots of %spell damage, i couldnt tell from your description if you hit -100 (especially on psn), might be good to remake honorifics for that

thats all i can think of right now

Well, I don't really use Poison a lot (gets laggy if i use it too much). Most of my Enemy Pierce is Fire and Cold because I mostly use HBanshee and Elemental. I use the Charm oSkill on my Flamen Staff in lieu of Elven Song since the elves seem to die really fast. As far as crafting jewels and gear, I am at a loss as to how to do it properly.

Raynekloud009
Desert Cat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum