MXL Ultimative - Comparison for an Omega Veteran?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Announcement MXL Ultimative - Comparison for an Omega Veteran?

Post by trollkin on Sat May 30, 2015 9:30 pm

Hey guys,

long time, no see, but am I glad to see that the MXL thing still lives on, and not only that - from what I gather after taking a cursory look at the version log, you've really come a long way since MXL 2012 Bow down prostrate Clap Clap (as if MXL hadn't done enough).

Since the last MXL version I played was Omega 003, I'd be grateful if someone could just briefly summarize how much of a leap am I in for if I'm considering giving MXLU a shot - in terms of new content (I noticed some sort of skill tree rework has been done), difficulty (untwinked, of course, seeing as a full wipe is necessary from what I read) and new mechanics/amount of information to absorb (let's be honest, this has always been pretty much half gear, half knowledge game).

Thanks!

trollkin
Jungle Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Announcement Re: MXL Ultimative - Comparison for an Omega Veteran?

Post by suchbalance on Sat May 30, 2015 9:48 pm

Content: a dozen new ubers, most offering a greater challenge than vanilla ones. New tier of SU, new runes, new runewords, new epic quests across several characters. New skills to each class. A great online realm, with lots of juicy content. It's honestly too much to list. Go here if you wish to trace the changelogs from the start: http://docs.median-xl.com/MXLU_vXVc_Doc_v2.94/log.html

Difficulty: In general the early game is more accessible and easier to progress, and the endgame has been expanded and hardened nicely by Marco. Most of the original ubers (Laz excepting) are pretty much a joke now to experienced players in comparison to what has come after.

Mechanics are pretty much the same, but obviously some old skills have been changed. By the way, you are wrong about the half gear half knowledge comment. The split is more like 50% knowledge, 40% execution, 10% gear for 99% of ubers (and some of Marco's creations are 100% execution).

Here are the up to date docs: http://docs.median-xl.com/
Online realm: http://tsw.vn.cz/

Welcome back!

suchbalance
Ethereal

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hellgrind on Sat May 30, 2015 10:42 pm

Also some old and new uber difficulty should be changed in docs from Easy/Medium to Annoying/Game wat u duing pls sthap Smile

hellgrind
Burning Dead

Not so well known...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wulf on Sat May 30, 2015 11:03 pm

It's just more content and slight rebalancing. Kinda like comparing classic D2 to the Lord of Desctruction. I asked myself when I was first introduced to Ultimative, and it's just better to upgrade.

More items more builds more ubers. Well worth the wipe.

Wulf
Landmass

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by trollkin on Sun May 31, 2015 7:00 am

Thanks for all the responses guys. Guess there'll be another hundreds of D2 gameplay waiting for me, then Smile Anyway, I guess I'm one of the people who will probably have D2 MXL installed on their PCs even when D4 and its 7th DLC/expansion has come out, I just can't help it.

What I meant by that gear + knowledge thing was that if your gear is not good enough, your chances of being successful are severly crippled in games like this one - if for example your defensive stats are too low, you'll have a hard time farming Vizjun - the same can be said for killing speed, etc. Of course, even if you do have great gear, it's still not just about clicking randomly on the screen (perhaps the CotW Pouncesin and a few other OP builds were able to do that), but any way you slice it, good gear is extremely important.

Anyhow, watch out, version log, here I come!

BTW - If anyone here has a tip as for how to have both MXL and MXLU as separate entries in D2SE, that'd be awesome.
BTW2 - Do all the nice gadgets and tools from the Omega days (like the respec tool, stash sorter, D2clicker, etc.) work with MXLU as well?

trollkin
Jungle Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by evil_potato on Sun May 31, 2015 7:20 am

rename the folder that comes from the zip file and you can have different versions.

dunno about respec tool (you don't need it tho since respec pot is cheap) works, but d2clicker still works fine. and plugy will let you restat if that's all you're looking to do.

evil_potato
Bane Hunter

Evil Protato
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gekko64 on Sun May 31, 2015 3:16 pm

Omega is still the best MXL version, I'd recommend sticking with that.

Gekko64
Hopeless

Twinktwat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hellgrind on Sun May 31, 2015 3:23 pm

@Gekko64 wrote:Omega is still the best MXL version, I'd recommend sticking with that.
fixed

hellgrind
Burning Dead

Not so well known...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gekko64 on Sun May 31, 2015 3:27 pm

I'm dead serious, Omega is still the most fun you can have with Median XL

except for the lack of shrine vessels, but PlugY solves that

Gekko64
Hopeless

Twinktwat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by taem on Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:07 am

I disagree. 1.E to 1.Z, with 1.F9 being my personal favorite version, and it wasn't for the Assassin Nagi spam, but the dangerous traps, numerous Witches, and the inclusion of Warlocks in 1.Z. I also felt there was better balancing on the Paladin, and the experience system didn't get you to level 120 by the end of Terror, but by the end of Destruction. I'd love to see Marco revert the exp system back to these levels. A few other misc. changes I liked better in 1.F9 that I don't recall atm.

taem
Dark Nephalem

View user profile https://sites.google.com/site/monkeymeatsauce/

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum