MXL Ultimative - Comparison for an Omega Veteran?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Announcement Re: MXL Ultimative - Comparison for an Omega Veteran?

Post by trollkin on Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:08 pm

Hmm, you guys got me wondering - starting MXLU from scratch is one hell of a time-consuming decision, and the fact that I might find out that in the end, I still liked older MXL versions bette0r kinda deters me from doing so. Especially now with The Witcher 3 out and Arkham Knight in the pipelne.

I'll have to give it a think...Again... Smile
trollkin
Jungle Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcoNecroX on Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:51 pm

I have always wondered why some people compare the mod to some kind of job/duty. It's a game, and thus, any activity which is fun to do, is justified. My point is, how is starting from scratch "time-consuming"? That's like saying the whole leveling aspect, challenges, TUs, basic/mid charms, as well as gearing to endgame, which basically resumes to over half of the game, is boring.

It might seem like mindless farming/twinking is the best part of the game on a first look, but personally, after playing for quite some time, I think it's the opposite. Just my personal opinion though

Malthael

Führer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by trollkin on Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:09 pm

I don't think it's quite the same thing - I'm decicing whether or not to play something which is likely to be similar to what I've already played through and through - and since there are other games that I could be playing instead, I'm just trying to find out how likely it is that it will be worth it - because I do value my free time and we all know that this is not like trying FIFA, which you know you like or don't like in after a few hours - here, most of the hot stuff seems to be the endgame content (new ubers/bosses/items/rune, etc.), and honestly, I don't feel like playing something for tens of hours only to find out that it's not quite what I was hoping for.

I hope you understand what I mean - I've already played MXLU for like 10 hours, but in games of this scale, 10 hours is next to nothing. Unfortunately, the same cannot be said for 10 hours of free time of a working person - you just start to perceive it differently once you're no longer a student who can waste dozens of hours doing all kinds of fooling around and not give a damn.
trollkin
Jungle Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcoNecroX on Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:53 pm

Well I do understand your point somewhat, but I don't feel like those who have played MXLU thorougly will be able to provide a solid answer, only those who left in cMXL and started playing ultimative since XV could give a better answer.

There's a lot of new content but a lot of the old content still remains, mainly the regular mob types.

Malthael

Führer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by archon256 on Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:22 pm

MXLU has plenty of new content apart from endgame. The XV patch added new builds to every tree, and even before that there were a lot of changes catered to leveling (LC0, Character Orb, Gift Boxes, etc.) I suggest picking one of those new builds and trying them out.

archon256
Amazon Warrior

I Am Someone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by taem on Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:27 am

You misunderstand Trollkin, MXLU is by far the *better* version, however there are aspects of 1.F9 I liked better, but overall, MXLU has much more content = lots more to do = better overall experience. What Gekko and I were talking about was favorite "patch" version, but guess what, I don't play 1.F9; I play MXLU. If Marco would only bring back deadly traps (crazy fun in hc), warlocks, and revert the exp system, I'd be in pig heaven!
taem
Dark Nephalem

View user profile https://sites.google.com/site/monkeymeatsauce/

Back to top Go down

Post by trollkin on Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:23 pm

@archon256 wrote:MXLU has plenty of new content apart from endgame. The XV patch added new builds to every tree, and even before that there were a lot of changes catered to leveling (LC0, Character Orb, Gift Boxes, etc.) I suggest picking one of those new builds and trying them out.

That's exactly what I did. I'm going for a dual-wielding barb with bear stance and Nephalem Weapons to make up for shabby def because of the absence of shield. Those new skills remind me of Wychwind, but they seem cool. Hope they also prove to BE cool, too.
trollkin
Jungle Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum