[v6d] Bow Druid Guide , by vadust.

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [v6d] Bow Druid Guide , by vadust.

Post by Wotan on Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:17 pm

@BassToMouth wrote:Hm, what exactly is the point in making a video showing you can do all ubers like butcher onward AFTER you have all charms and gear...?
Agree. But the videos could be included in "What your character looks like in end-game." section of the guide. Otherwise without the early-game and mid-game sections with uber's walkthrough section its just a Showcase.

E: What I associate guides with : Making a character. Describing it step by step while you progress in-game from scratch.The most important part is making videos of how to do BRC and early-destruction charms , rather than video with high-end game gear with all charms and trophies.
And to be honest there are probably 2 guides like that on the forum right now.

Last edited by Wotan on Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

Wotan
Madawc

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kiki22vu on Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:21 pm

@BassToMouth wrote:Hm, what exactly is the point in making a video showing you can do all ubers like butcher onward AFTER you have all charms and gear...?
well stoya also runs with all charms + trophies and who cares about that?

its moar showcase how char work with all charms and not how to get them.

kiki22vu
Jungle Snake

SNEJ Player
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by vadust on Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:24 pm

So i must record videos agaist heroic bosses and in all ultimative ubers only?
Ok i will try to upload videos in Ta/k3k/dunc with mid game gear so everyone will be happy, it is your point BassToMouth? Ofc i can if it needed. Also easy sum ubers take 1-2 mins all so i dont see the problem to watch them. Razz

vadust
Scaled Mutant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan on Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:34 pm

@kiki22vu wrote:
well stoya also runs with all charms + trophies and who cares about that?

its moar showcase how char work with all charms and not how to get them.

Yes, exactly - you just proved Bass'es point. He posts in the showcase section of the forum, and not in the guide one.

Wotan
Madawc

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by iwansquall on Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:45 pm

Either way it fine, stoya is another level coz he seem good at making guide, but he posted it in showcase.
His 'guide' are better in certain places as it quite detailed.

In fact he couldve made compilation easily just like that person (if you know what i mean).
IMO, easier uber doesnt need video because it easily can be cleared.
Gameplay video are much better to help people to judging either that particular build are good for them or not.

Want to see video on summoning uber?
1. Put alot trap spell
2. Summon the boss
3. Boss died
4. The end.

iwansquall
Blood Golem

Underpowered Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan on Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:53 pm

@iwansquall wrote:Either way it fine, stoya is another level coz he seem good at making guide, but he posted it in showcase.
His 'guide' are better in certain places as it quite detailed.

In fact he couldve made compilation easily just like that person (if you know what i mean).
IMO, easier uber doesnt need video because it easily can be cleared.
Gameplay video are much better to help people to judging either that particular build are good for them or not.

Want to see video on summoning uber?
1. Put alot trap spell
2. Summon the boss
3. Boss died
4. The end.

Yes ,a solid and well written explanation how to do the "minor" ubers is enough , but there are still people who haven't experienced the mod at all and probably will get frustrated at their first meet and greet with the butcher on terror. A picture can replace the video in this case as well. BUT there have to be videos of fauzt,TA and some other more advanced Ubers with mid-game gear/gear that is easily obtainable at that point and with basic charms only(which every experienced player knows who they are).

Wotan
Madawc

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GregMXL on Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:56 pm

There's no problem making videos of how awesome your character is with charms. The guide will be a better "guide" if you show noobs how to actually get the gear but some people write guides like that. At least he's not cursing out new players wondering where to get that gear. Plus he also included the t6 gear and runewords he used.

GregMXL
Zorun Tzin

Epic Admin
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by iwansquall on Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:00 pm

I think the "how to do uber" by marco shouldve covered most of the basic.
So guide maker can focus on other more important matter.

But incase there is example of impossible uber, just said it in the guide.
No need to sugarcoat it will pony or rainbow.
Not everyone can farm vizjun on players 8 with hand tied, blindfolded while standing on one leg.
It understand-able.

iwansquall
Blood Golem

Underpowered Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan on Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:06 pm

@iwansquall wrote:I think the "how to do uber" by marco shouldve covered most of the basic.
So guide maker can focus on other more important matter.

But incase there is example of impossible uber, just said it in the guide.
No need to sugarcoat it will pony or rainbow.
Not everyone can farm vizjun on players 8 with hand tied, blindfolded while standing on one leg.
It understand-able.

You didn't get my point at all. Its not about showing the uber, but more like showing how is the character handling the uber(s) with no high-end gear and charms. Cause all newbies see is how awesome and destructive the characters are , but in reality you hit a wall of bricks. And not all characters are as good without high-end gear and all charms. Some of them need dedicated gear. I'm not saying that bow-druids do. But i hope you're getting what I'm trying to say.

Wotan
Madawc

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by vadust on Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:12 pm

Honesty the big difference btw all charms and basics are only in + 15 skills and + ~100 aa and that's all. Yes mb i haven't made videos that will show how bow druid can clean ta/dunc/fauzt/vizjun with everage gear and some ppl will call me a bad guide writer but does guide need to tell absolutly EVERY detail of how to move you character there or there? Yes this is absolutly not a newbie friendly guide. For example then i met Taem on d2m hc i was wondered how new player start hc in mxl instead of sc and was not crying about how hard this mod was, yes he died a lot but he used his head right and after some time he become a normal player that can do stuff in destruction.
If newbie is an 10 years idiot then i and even nobody can't help him and change his "skill" with 5 pages of advices.
Yes if ppl dislike that i made a video of how to kill a butcher with endgame gear/all charms then it is only their opinion and i like normal person respect it. I can't please everybody, some ppl will like some dislike( what is called feedback) and i respect everything what was said here, but after think i decide to not make videos about middle part, and things that i wrote about it are absolutely helpful and realistic and yes i tried them before writing, because i actually level him with by legit way. Yes i think you guys right that my videos here are actual only a SHOWCASE. I do not have to much free time so i will try to finish my videos about how ideal bow druid can look in all other ubers that left and that's all. Do what you want with it. Razz
And do not tell me that ppl still and always will make 10 characters for 10 different ubers and after they all collected need thing they will make their real last character so they will farm dunc or fauzt with high speed that they was want from begining.

Last edited by vadust on Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

vadust
Scaled Mutant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum