[v6d] Bow Druid Guide , by vadust.

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [v6d] Bow Druid Guide , by vadust.

Post by GregMXL on Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:13 pm

Marco made an Uber guide and his Tanya guide also had step by step walkthrough. So some guides are more newbie friendly than others. I get both sides. It's understandable.

GregMXL
Zorun Tzin

Epic Admin
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GregMXL on Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:16 pm

@vadust wrote:Honesty the big difference btw all charms and basics are only in + 15 skills and + ~100 aa and that's all. Yes mb i haven't made videos that will show how bow druid can clean ta/dunc/fauzt/vizjun with everage gear and some ppl will call me a bad guide writer but does guide need to tell absolutly EVERY detail of how to move you character there or there? Yes this is absolutly not a newbie friendly guide. For example then i met Taem on d2m hc i was wondered how new player start hc in mxl instead of sc and was not crying about how hard this mod was, yes he died a lot but he used his head right and after some time he become a normal player that can do stuff in destruction.
If newbie is an 10 years idiot then i and even nobody can't help him and change his "skill" with 5 pages of advices.
Yes if ppl dislike that i made a video of how to kill a butcher with endgame gear/all charms then it is only their opinion and i like normal person respect it. I can't please everybody, some ppl will like some dislike( what is called feedback) and i respect everything what was said here, but after think i decide to not make videos about middle part, and things that i wrote about it are absolutely helpful and realistic and yes i tried them before writing, because i actually level him with by legit way. Yes i think you guys right that my videos here are actual only a SHOWCASE. I do not have to much free time so i will try to finish my videos about how ideal bow druid can look in all other ubers that left and that's all. Do what you want with it. Razz
And do not tell me that ppl still and always will make 10 characters for 10 different ubers and after they all collected need thing they will make their real last character so they will farm dunc or fauzt with high speed that they was want from begining.
Don't even take it personal. Just make more videos if that's what you want to do. You're not trying to win a "best guide" award,you're just making a rare successful Druid guide.

GregMXL
Zorun Tzin

Epic Admin
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BassToMouth on Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:17 pm

Actually, my point wasn't really anything to do with showing easier ubers or even specific ones at all.

The biggest problem I GARUNTEE you for all new players is the jump. There are points in the game (different for each build/class) where you will seemingly run into a brick wall. I can see that you didn't play your druid untwinked so you are probably unsure of where this wall exactly is (as evidenced by the charms you have and the GR's that you probably obtained with another character). Sometimes its strategy, other times its gear. But for a new player, its often confusing which it is and can easily lead to the "how the fuck is this even possible?" line of thought. Imho its good if a guide can point out where these areas are, just to re-assure that it CAN be done. A video reassurance is best ofc.

Also, a guide that says "well we want this item but its too hard for us to get so use another character" is the mark of a weak guide imo. I can understand respeccing for certain encounters since MXL isnt exactly balanced and certain encounters HEAVILY favour certain builds (try doing Brachy on an average geared melee character HA!). But a good guide would point out exactly where these walls are so a new player won't feel alienated or that somehow they're just doing something wrong.

Anyway at the end of the day, its your guide and you can take this feedback as you like, either negatively or positively.

*Edit*
This is just something I feel personally, but I don't really feel the need for generic guides that AREN'T aimed at new players. Why? Because any experienced player who obtained all the items you listed in your guide LEGITLY will NOT be needing you to tell them how to play a bow druid. It's easy enough to simply scroll through the offline docu and grig's online tools and theorycraft a build. For experienced players - put out quirky, novel and fun builds to entertain them. For generic ones, aim them at newer players to teach them HOW to build a character - this doesn't really mean holding their hand all the way through, but to explain to them mechanics, gear choices etc. so they build a good foundation of knowledge. Again, just my opinion.

Last edited by BassToMouth on Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

BassToMouth
Mindless

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by vadust on Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:17 pm

Also guys i haven't saw any other bow druid videos except of 1 in fautz in omega003 and other with mr painless so....
@Greg: Okay man. Smile

vadust
Scaled Mutant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan on Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:24 pm

Everybody has their own opinion, and the forum is a place to express them. So as Greg said - don't take it personally. You do ,what you do, what you do best and leave us to express our thoughts/feedback/criticism.

Wotan
Madawc

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by index4 on Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:43 pm

vadust can u tell me what runes u use for makes the crafted jewels ? or how u get these jewels

index4
Glowing Fungus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan on Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:03 pm

@index4 wrote:vadust can u tell me what runes u use for makes the crafted jewels ? or how u get these jewels
Ber rune.

Wotan
Madawc

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by index4 on Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:20 pm

i using ber but dont come any jewel like the screenshot

index4
Glowing Fungus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RollsRoyce on Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:29 pm

ilvl 99 jewels and try harder

RollsRoyce
The Smith

롤스로이스 ☆☆☆☆
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan on Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:38 pm

@index4 wrote:i using ber but dont come any jewel like the screenshot
It takes sometimes hundreds of re-rolls till you get a decent jewel. So as Rolls said > ilvl 99 jewels and be patient it could take some time.

Wotan
Madawc

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum