[v6d] Bow Druid Guide , by vadust.

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [v6d] Bow Druid Guide , by vadust.

Post by vadust on Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:54 pm

For me it took about ~800 rerolls to get them or a bit more so yes try harder.

vadust
Scaled Mutant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by stoya on Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:55 pm

@BassToMouth wrote:Hm, what exactly is the point in making a video showing you can do all ubers like butcher onward AFTER you have all charms and gear...?

first of all, i have to share my ideas about this comments first, i will pretty sum 'what guides' MEANS for ME and for NEWBIES....

what the fuck is guide? for me;
-> it gives players reasons to play that char (must)
-> it gives ideas to a player about game and char (must)
-> it shows players about char playstyle (must)
-> items, skill distrubition (%50/%50)
-> early/mid/end game suggestions (%50/%50)
-> uber bosses methods (%50/%50)
-> so i really dont care if its end game-pro friendly guide or newbie guide or helps early mid game suggestions....

as i said its my opinion... let me explain by an example;

i read your guide bass to mouth its really well written one for newbies or who wants to play atmg from start to end... but as my point, i couldnt read whole guide, why?
-> cause there is nothing i can learn&benefit from your guide , i am not older player like everybody else here playing since 3 years but i know nearly all assassin builds from start to end ; esp LAMEST skill in game-ATMG- with -FORTRESS- if you ask me... so thats why you couldnt reach me by your guide. but as we read all comments a lot of newbies read and loved your guide ofc. cause its reall well written and awesome guide-maybe perfect guide- for newbies or people who doesnt know atmg mechanics...
-> rollsroyce is one of my best friend here , but i cant finish his walkthrough videos, cause i know how to play sin very very well.. but for newbies or esp hardcore players its one of the BEST videos ever seen in this forum...

so as you can see my examples, guide is guides mate. even they are crap or awesome or end game - early game doesnt matter.. there will be always players who will influenced by your guides and playstyle... i always try to give credits to a guide even it doesnt help me or i didnt like at all...

and for butcher uber thing , if a player reading this guide he can be a bit smarter and can search 'youtube' for butcher or there is sticky guide to all uber section in forum iirc. also vadust recorded video of butcher as i saw.. if you have fully charmed or trophied , if you dont know what to that butcher uber you cant do it!! right, that star thing, also with high ping doing that uber is killing laz beleive, you can ask MARCO Smile ? so vadust gave idea to a player... so mission accomplished for me...
obtaining some charms with crap gear is another part of guides too btw.. but i dont think its necessary! cause gear only make it a bit easier and took shorter. in the end its only matter of time difference except trying ubers like laz and such. if you write everything and show them videos wtf will newbie do? people have to experience everything before reading guides and comments imo.. esp they need to READ the description of that uber...

and funniest part is , a guy recorded a video called 'how to kill cave snapper for dummies' SO? i hope you get my point... imagine , even my little cousin can kill cave snapper with only 1 rmb but a guy has recorded video? that means, player who complained about them even normal mob... so all guides and videos help diff quality of players in the end..

for easy/medium ubers part, players can find 9028730928 videos and guides about them already. we are playing ultimativd so marco wrote guide for all ubers allready, and i recorded all new ubers by different chars.. i can keep continue recording them np for me, esp most of new ubers can be done with t6 gear if you know what the hell you are doing..

in the end, i am against the idea of showing everything to a newbies or other players.. i dont want to limit any1 about uber methods,items or skill distrubitions... people still can think&imagine, if they cant!!! they will clearly copy paste already what we wrote in our guides etc...

btw i already saw too many players cant do SHIT with tons of SSSU + charms since i have started playing this game... or like i said TONS of players who plays JAVAZON like PUSSY.. so as you see my comments -> its my opinion then i just recorded a video how 'I' use my javazon..
while i was recording a video i didnt think like that -> 'see HOW OP i am ' ' i am BEST' etc... i just recorded them to give players IDEA of playstyle and plan.. i beleive 3 things in median 1) playstyle 2) knowledge 3) imagination... if i helped even 1 player about my videos i am really happy now.. so i think vadust wrote this guide to help newbies or people who wanna play bow druid...

stoya
Darkwarden

do some research LOL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by wow123400 on Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:17 pm

wow ok i tried to read that^ and................wow that's a lot explanation.

but i think what bass tried to say is-----guide is for newbies who doesn't have anything with them

this is like the difference between chuck and marco guide

which one do u prefer?

marco once said why he hates a lot of guides right now because ppl always make a guide with some good gear not because the ability of the char

anyone can read the doc and list the best end game gear to their char in their guide even they do not have them

but what's the point of a guide?

does this word guide has a meaning?

'guide' does has one meaning that is from 0 to something

i saw ur javazon video that was awesome but without those gears can u do so awesome?

without all those charms can u 1 hit ko that chryso guy? can u get 1000% spell damage to one char?

why so many guides and some ppl still fail to continue?

cause EVER guide forgot to mention how hard and how long it took u guyz to get those gears and charms

online is easy u can get ppl help u or play with a group and rush the whole game

404star showed all of those good things when u play online

but solo are different

very different

wow123400
Malthael

High Posting Cookie Monster
TGGood 100

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by stoya on Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:36 pm

@wow : you really didnt get the idea of guide wow.. guide is something that show you the WAY. and this way can be 1 thing like playstyle or uber method, or fully well written one..

i manage to succeed this game in realms and also in sp, lets we come to your or my point;

if i give you my items and charms -> can you play like that ? maybe..

here is my guide description starts ; guide is something that show you the way or path to glory.. thats all. it can start to nothing to lvl 120 char...
or its jump of lvl 120 char for improving playstyle...

and imo you need to rewatchh my chyrasoar video, i am using 2 rare rolled ring, t6 belt and firen silera crap unique amulet and sorc elemental children set(which is so easy to complete)..... and read here please; with crafts you can go higher than set SPELL DMG! and skill i am using on video LIGHTNING WALL can be easily obtained from CRAFTED STAFFs.... so your dmg can be a LOT HIGHER than mine even you dont have some spell dmg CHARMS.... so this video main idea was ,if i can do it -> its possible and you can also do it too... and people whine so much about new ubers, as i always say just startled witch is hard rest is cake when you solve the mechanics and done with your plan + experience that uber many times..
so why marco made a section called -> 'guide to all ubers' section? if guide needs to start zero 0 to something ? guide is guide mate ,it can be anything helpful...

maybe you are true about writing a guide with fully OP items that are in the list and can be easily combine by player.. but as i see after 3 years people are not that clever as marco or you think...

this is new community and i think whatever guide is crap or awesome we need them a lot.. even me or you get 1 different cool idea from a single guide its all good for us.

do u want me to a bit rude about my real opinion ? WHO ON EARTH NEEDS ATMG GUIDE, ATMG-FORTRESS are LAMEST SKILL ın game and you dont even need to use your BRAIN while skill/item/stats planning ? is my real opinion... but i know 1 thing, people still can benefit from any guide here... so i never act like arrogant prick for guides....

and if you ask me marco guide is perfect explanation for a fully journey of char guide.. but beleive me even i have 32907420937 free times i cant finish reading that guide.. but if we talk about RITOSM new videos, i am really impressed and his videos are totally awesome jobs.

other point; i will keep being rude guy, writing a guide is time consuming thing mate , so if player really spent some time&effort on it i just do this thing -> Clap Clap

but if people make ridic comments about them i will be -> Evil or Very Mad

stoya
Darkwarden

do some research LOL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by wow123400 on Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:09 pm

actually........i cant finish reading a guide either Sad

but not because they are too boring or anything just because they are........i dont know not good enough?

i am a writer(in my own language)why i became a writer? because i can not stand to read the books now everything is so bad like no book writer knows how to write a book

and i think atmg and forterss are just two skills which does not suit u not because they are stupid skills

i have never played an atmgsin before acutally never played a sin after lvl35 so i can not really judge here

fortess barb.....i stopped mine like a while ago cause i am a melee lover but that guide has possiblities i just could not find out cause i go melee too much but do not use u brain u will just be a low damage fortresser for ever

now lets talk about guide again

guide is always a good thing but................i do not want to go over limit make anyone feel uncomfortable

so we will end this discussion with a joke:

one day,

Smile :hey u see the girl u love?

Very Happy :yes i did

Smile :what did u do?

Embarassed :i stand outside her window and sing a song

Laughing :ok, then what did she do?

Neutral :she threw me flowers.

Eh? :that sounds pretty good, but why u head bleeding?

Crying or Very sad :those flowers came with the pot.

sorry for my bad english but i think ur smart enough to understand what i mean

wow123400
Malthael

TGGood 100

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BassToMouth on Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:45 pm

@stoya

Thats quite a lot of text and I only read the first post XD

But this is what I mean by the scope of a guide. My guide was never meant to entertain or even teach experienced players how to play a sin... I really tried to emphasize the whole untwinked playthrough and give some insight to new players.

While I'm aware of the time and effort put into a guide, I'm not really sure I see the point in doing generic ones that AREN'T aimed at newbies. For example, you say you don't need me to tell you how to play a sin. Of course this is true - I was never writing for that demographic anyway. But because of this, I spent a lot of time writing up and showing examples of undergeared play for this exact reason. My feedback for this guide was that it lacks that because it shows him doing ubers fully geared and equipped... by the time you have all that gear you sure as hell will not be needing some video guide showing you how to do these ubers.

*Edit* Just read the 2nd post - this is exactly the mistake most vets make... they assume cookie cutter builds are cookie cutter for everyone and that everyone knows them and how easy it is to make etc. etc. But look at it like this... Out of ALL the oskills/skills/chargeskills/procs that are available to the game, do you REALLY think a completely new player will be able to pick out the best ones and build a character around it?!? Sure you could say, experiment and find out, but out of the millions of possibilities possible and the amount of time you need to actually TEST every possible build, that's just sad to expect a new player to pull that off unless they play 24/7. ATMG? Ofc shoots fast so get loads of CTC on striking. Most obvious thing in the world. To us. To a completely new player, even if you are experienced in cLoD, this thought process won't even begin at all since most players don't even know the difference between on attack/on striking/on kill etc. (just look at the questions in newbie forums and you'll agree)
This IMO is the point of cookie-cutter guides aimed at newbies - they will learn at least a handful of combinations work well and HOW to actually increase damage and survivability. From there they will hopefully learn to look at items and documentation and theorycraft using the foundation of knowledge gained from a guide.

Overall, its great that we have a bow druid guide on the forums, I just hope OP will spend some time updating the early -> mid -> lategame transition.

BassToMouth
Mindless

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Traprat on Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:15 am

Absoluty true what you have said earlier @bass.

Im new to median, i already read the docs and got most charms. At least all i could as a traprat. I switched to barb afterwards, fortress kraken one to nuke crystal orb at vanity etc.

For astro i felt like getting a sin because i saw a video on youtube, but im still trying. got her to 50%.... so i will kill her tomorrow. i tried d duncraig as a bow druid but failed btw. As a trap i actually can clear that level.
( once ^.^) with t6 / crafted. run away and place egg traps tactic...

since no one could give me some grs ( dont play online), i made a summoner necro to play toraja safely. well i found an auhe and got the charm upgrade. i did bremm and ureh as traprat with su equip. tran is a pain as trap simply because it took so long, so i farm duncraig. with my barb i used squall chrysaor trick hehe Very Happy

and for brother laz i will need an assassin - or can i kill him as druid ?
so u see @ vadust i think for playing median for 4 weeks i got quite far.

but on the other hand now the journey begins to become a pro - and for that a guide which explains how to do some ubers without having an imba char will help me more. thats my point.

but your bow druid is well..... imba ?^^ at least stronger than my trap.... for now

Traprat
Alpha Centaur

Negative Cookie Man
TGGood 40

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by wow123400 on Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:25 am

kill laz as a tree

wow123400
Malthael

TGGood 100

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by iwansquall on Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:57 am

Maybe i should write "Kill cave snapper for dummies" in my guide later on.

iwansquall
Blood Golem

Underpowered Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by wow123400 on Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:12 am

@iwansquall wrote:Maybe i should write "Kill cave snapper for dummies" in my guide later on.

it that a joke?

wow123400
Malthael

TGGood 100

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum