Very powerful monsters

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Very powerful monsters

Post by valiksheva on Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:57 am

I'm playing as Assassin, already lvl114, i'm dealing pretty well with most Terror monsters, but i'm still getting pwned by some of them, for example Mangler (act 3, Travincal, Durance of Hate) and some quillrat-looking moster from act 5 worldstone keep (don't remember the name, it fires giant quills at you with horrific speed). they kill me in like 1-2 hits. I also have some problems with some bosses (Hephesto, three Barbarians at Arreat summit etc)
I have 80% all res, +20% magic res, 20% reduce damage, 22.5K def, 46% chance to evade, and about 2800HP, using Shadow Refuge skill as primary attack that grats 36% PDamage reduced and I still got killed by those.
I can't even go to any Uberquest at Terror to get some better equipment (e.g. sets, high level runes) because monters are to powerful there.
Can anyone tell me what am i doing wrong? any suggestions?

valiksheva
Fallen One

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Very powerful monsters

Post by RollsRoyce on Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:06 am

you should probably switch to ATMG oskill first, get yourself some charms and then switch back to claw/naginata if you wish.

So Gamble a rare Sin shield and use oil of renewal until ATMG appears, good luck

RollsRoyce
The Smith

롤스로이스 ☆☆☆☆
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Arc_Razer on Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:44 am

are you referring to traprats (huge with barrage of spines) or cruciators (small with fast homing spines, hurt like hell).
Dealing with trap rats, run behind a wall until barrage stops, you then have a few seconds to kill them before they cast again, they have low HP
Cruciators are a pain in the a$$, don't run in straight lines, dive and dodge and blink into them, hopefully you stun them all so kill them quick!!

Arc_Razer
Arachnida

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by valiksheva on Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:56 am

@RollsRoyce wrote:you should probably switch to ATMG oskill first, get yourself some charms and then switch back to claw/naginata if you wish.

So Gamble a rare Sin shield and use oil of renewal until ATMG appears, good luck
I'll try this one, but it doesn't apper to be very useful to clean Uberlevels, as i can hardly enter without being killed immediately

@Arc_Razer wrote:are you referring to traprats (huge with barrage of spines) or cruciators (small with fast homing spines, hurt like hell).
Dealing with trap rats, run behind a wall until barrage stops, you then have a few seconds to kill them before they cast again, they have low HP
Cruciators are a pain in the a$$, don't run in straight lines, dive and dodge and blink into them, hopefully you stun them all so kill them quick!!
i think those are Cruciators. So as i understand they are problem for everyone it's not just me? i found some ways to handle them but they are not the only problem. the real problem is that i can't go to TA or other levels to complete BRC or to get better gear.

valiksheva
Fallen One

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcoNecroX on Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:46 pm

@RollsRoyce wrote:you should probably switch to ATMG oskill first, get yourself some charms and then switch back to claw/naginata if you wish.

Facepalm

@thread: you're not supposed to tank manglers / trap rats, because assa isn't a tank char. You can either avoid them or blink on top of them and kill them quickly. If you want to beat terror ubers, judge claw (with MO lifesteal) + ligeia shield rws is a nice and cheap setup with ways. Also, 1 point into wychwind and any knife on your switch slot has inmense utility (e.g. to beat Ancients).

MarcoNecroX
Malthael

Führer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum