Borgin's MXLU Stream

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Borgin's MXLU Stream

Post by Borgin on Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:46 pm

http://www.twitch.tv/adarkspirit

I'm thinking about starting up streaming stuff on twitch, and one of my first orders of business is to stream Ultimative. Probably solo.

Would anybody be interested in watching? If even one person says yes I am happy to prioritize Ultimative over, say, my current #1 streaming pick which is Hyperdimension Neptunia. Razz

Let me know, I'm excited to start being a part of the twitch community, and I want to show twitch that D2 is still alive!

Borgin
Blood Stone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Borgin's MXLU Stream

Post by suchbalance on Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:58 pm

Sure, I usually watch when I have the time and if not I leave a muted tab up just to support mxl streamers.
From what I've seen there have been 2 successful mxl streamers - mahitovec & segolia, both having around 20+ viewers at peak (which is a lot for the diablo 2 twitch section).

Anyway if you are serious about getting started bear in mind:

1) Play what YOU want to play. If you just stream mxl for the "twitch community" but feel like playing another game your lack of enthusiasm will show and your stream will be boring.

2) Verbalise your thoughts. Most important thing about an mxl streamer imo. Especially before you get a decent amount of viewers. Unless you talk to yourself out loud a lot, people won't stay and watch for long.

3) Be consistent. Stream as much as possible (daily is best obviously, but depends on your time) and during the same time period. If you stream 4 hours tomorrow and then stop for a week don't expect anyone to want to tune in. Building a routine is important.

4) Being good at the game also helps, but less than the above three and being entertaining.

suchbalance
Ethereal

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Segolia on Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:00 am

Gimme us a link to your twitch page and I'll be glad to follow! Very Happy

I almost always host someone at the end of my streams, so if you happen to be on when I finish, I'll be sure to send my viewers your way! I was actually thinking of hopping back on MXL again to take a break from Dark Souls (fuck Sen's Fortress). Actually its mostly cause my cpu keeps heating up to 180 while streaming, and I haven't cleaned out any dust from it yet due to laziness  Embarassed

If you ever need any help with setting up stuff, such as having chat appearing on screen w/o using window capture, follower alerts, etc., feel free to ask as well.

Segolia
Bloody Butcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan on Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:28 am

Yes, if:
a. You play on realm (SP is very boring to watch)
b. If you are not playing solo.
c. If all participants talk.

Wotan
Madawc

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinball on Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:37 am

I would like to watch Very Happy

Pinball
Core Lord

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Metalistas on Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:39 am

When you want to stream, stream, don't ask !

Metalistas
Goliath

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Borgin on Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:24 pm

@Metalistas wrote:When you want to stream, stream, don't ask !
I'm not asking if I should stream it, I'm asking if there's enough interest in it for me to prioritize it. MXLU will get streamed at some point, it's just an issue of whether it is earlier or later.

@Wotan wrote:Yes, if:
a. You play on realm (SP is very boring to watch)
b. If you are not playing solo.
c. If all participants talk.
Unfortunately it'd probably just be me playing, but I would play on realm. I would definitely talk. I could maaaaaaybe talk my girlfriend into streaming with me, but I am a fat nolifer and don't have a girlfriend. And if I did, she wouldn't really like Median very much. I'll try to wrangle a buddy into it, though, but people who still play D2 are few and far between, let alone people who are familiar with Median.

We'll see where it goes, but I plan on getting my twitch fully operational by the end of the week. Not expecting anything crazy, but I want to be a part of the streaming community and try to meet other people who are passionate about the same games I love.

@suchbalance wrote:1) Play what YOU want to play. If you just stream mxl for the "twitch community" but feel like playing another game your lack of enthusiasm will show and your stream will be boring.

2) Verbalise your thoughts. Most important thing about an mxl streamer imo. Especially before you get a decent amount of viewers. Unless you talk to yourself out loud a lot, people won't stay and watch for long.

3) Be consistent. Stream as much as possible (daily is best obviously, but depends on your time) and during the same time period. If you stream 4 hours tomorrow and then stop for a week don't expect anyone to want to tune in. Building a routine is important.

4) Being good at the game also helps, but less than the above three and being entertaining.
This is all good advice, so thank you. I already know that I hate mute streamers, so I plan on being very vocal. My voice is probably kind of annoying so I'm working on my enunciation actually so it isn't awful. I know that ARPG's are pretty mindless to watch, but luckily I think I'm good enough at the game (especially the technical aspect) where my stream would be interesting. Also I have a cat so I'm sure people will want to tune in for that.

No but seriously. A lot of the games I want to stream are games that I am very familiar with- D2, Torchlight, Skyrim, Path of Exile, League of Legends (though it's pretty much impossible to break into the "big time" with League now). All of them I have either played for 1k+ hours or have done extensive modding with, or both.

I know I can be consistent with streaming, as I currently don't have a job, and the "job" I usually have is just through eBay anyways so it's an easy schedule to work around. I'm hoping to do, like, every single day for about a month and then cut it down later this summer before classes start up again (I'm doing student teaching in the fall and that's going to eat up a ton of my time).

Last edited by Borgin on Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:32 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Real forum posts have quotes. #realbeauty)

Borgin
Blood Stone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Quirinus on Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:10 am

what suchbalance said, and also, interacting with the chat always makes for a better and more fun stream, for both sides, you and the watchers.

I suggest using OBS to stream.

I might tune in for a short time if I see you streaming.

Quirinus
Creature of Flame

Bloody High Five
TGGood none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by void on Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:00 pm

I'd certainly check it out.
Just one thing bothering me: Time zones.

void
Prince Albrecht

Cool Font Guy
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Borgin on Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:48 pm

Alright, cool. I'll work on getting all my twitch stuff set up this weekend, and will probably start sometime early next week.

Glad you guys are interested, hopefully it will make starting out on twitch a little less awkward (I've heard the first few streams are usually kind of trainwreck-y).

Borgin
Blood Stone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum