Single player vs. Realm?

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Single player vs. Realm?

Post by Eggymedian on Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:06 pm

I'd imagine single player to be better due to the abundance of offline tools and how your progress isn't reset every couple of months (also plenty of updates)!

The only thing that is really holding me back on playing single-player is, as you can probably tell, friends (that and the fear of having to grind 100's of hours for the things I need Sad )!

The lack of communication between myself and others really holds me back, how should I go about making single-player a more enjoyable experience? How would I manage getting the gear that I so desperately need?

Sorry if this has been asked before, just want to hear feedback from the community (both realm and players and solo players) about what I should play!

Eggymedian
Vampiress

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Single player vs. Realm?

Post by Asteroth on Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:26 pm

I'd say Realm is generally much more fun because of people. You can chat with them (most speak english), get help if you need (many players are generous if you ask nicely). It's also quite rewarding to help others (rushes and tcows or whatever). Marco implemented the realm patch that has a bunch of cool extra stuff that single player doesnt have (albeit at the cost of reduced drop rates). 

However, i'd say the primary factor that you should weigh towards realm or SP gameplay is time. If you play frequently (let's say, most days of the week, at least a few hours per day), you should absolutely play realm. If you play a few times a week, maybe like, 4-6 hours per week total, then i'd recommend single player. 
Like you said yourself you'd need to grind 100s of hours to get good stuff (and that doesn't shorten THAT much on realm, even with trading). Personally, i've played 100s of hours in single player and have many characters (and am now bored of being alone), so now i only play realm (but only in 2-3 week binges when i get fed up with LoL).
It's a ton of fun to start a fresh character with everyone else and I think it's a better gameplaying experience when you have friends on-line.
If anything, i'd advise getting a few 120s on single player and maybe waiting for the next ladder reset. If you play often, then just hop right on to realm.

Asteroth
Hardliner

Well-Sourced Debater
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Str0b3l on Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:28 pm

@Asteroth wrote:I'd say Realm is generally much more fun because of people. You can chat with them (most speak english), get help if you need (many players are generous if you ask nicely). It's also quite rewarding to help others (rushes and tcows or whatever). Marco implemented the realm patch that has a bunch of cool extra stuff that single player doesnt have (albeit at the cost of reduced drop rates). 

nothing more to add

Str0b3l
The Butcher

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben- on Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:20 pm

realm best, playing alone is lonely

Ben-
War Thug

British Gentleben
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by redicomerade on Sat Jun 13, 2015 3:12 pm

Forever alone Consolation

But i dont have time for realm, and i dont like an idea of losing all chars that i famr so hard. I like come back to them from time to time

redicomerade
Shock Stinger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SWaP on Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:04 pm

Heh.... i don't mind about drop rates but ping and sometimes lags is the real problem. I have around 100 ping on gs1. And with that my chars still can "instant teleport" back on hundred yards back while they're running thru. Also some monsters swinging the air and hitting me from around 6-15 yard distance just because of ping... it's so annoying x_X But if only there wouldn't those lags- realm is much better.

SWaP
Darkwarden

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kurnis on Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:33 am

Unless they added a way to use multires on realm play there's no way I can stand it.

kurnis
Cabalist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MUS01 on Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:19 pm

SP owns realm (specially if you can play in Hamachi or TCP/IP) for almost no lag, desyncronize/delay problems, and the amazing tool named PLUGY.

So, for "balance" purposes, realm has "only realm items"(some of them really crazy and buffed versions of normal items, like 1 buffed empyrean band giving instead 5% to all atributes, normal version, the realm special version, give 10%...)

But even with that, SP version is still played. So, in a last attempt for kill it, we have now 1 "only realm patch" with no chances of upgrade in the future for the SP players. (I think ultil SIGMA is released... I hope SIGMA got SP version).

That is the situation. Also, you should take in account that realm playstyle is a bit different., cause you can "rush" between acts/difficulties and then suddenly you're owned, if you're newby, in Dest, cause you don't learn the mechanics, mobs tricks, etc. SP version playstyle is slower then realm.

Lastly, realm has resets, meaning after 3-4 months, your characters will be deleted and you must begin the game again... (with the boring farming stuff phase). SP characters will survive until you choose format your pc, delete the game, or broke your pc... XD

MUS01
Burning Dead

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan on Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:44 pm

@MUS01 wrote:SP owns realm (specially if you can play in Hamachi or TCP/IP) for almost no lag, desyncronize/delay problems, and the amazing tool named PLUGY.

Laughing

@MUS01 wrote:That is the situation. Also, you should take in account that realm playstyle is a bit different., cause you can "rush" between acts/difficulties and then suddenly you're owned, if you're newby, in Dest, cause you don't learn the mechanics, mobs tricks, etc. SP version playstyle is slower than realm.
This is a terrible example. If your experience with the game is  banging your head against the wall repeatedly until you learn - thats your problem.
@MUS01 wrote:Lastly, realm has resets, meaning after 3-4 months, your characters will be deleted and you must begin the game again... (with the boring farming stuff phase). SP characters will survive until you choose format your pc, delete the game, or broke your pc...  XD
Realm resets are boredom resets. There was never a 3-4 months ladder that I remember, 6 months was mandatory.
Boring farming phase is the only phase of the freaking game so... nice logic.
SP characters will survive the apocalypse probably =Governor, Boredom called - you are boring.
Hint: Using "xD" makes you look like a 12 year old girl, thus making most mature people disregard your opinion.

Wotan
Madawc

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by cowking on Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:19 pm

@Wotan wrote:Hint: Using "xD" makes you look like a 12 year old girl, thus making most mature people disregard your opinion.

Correct.

Mature intelligent people only weigh what is being said. Everything else is irrelevant.

cowking
Clawstorm Terror

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum