Single player vs. Realm?

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Single player vs. Realm?

Post by JamieLynn7483 on Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:43 pm

@MarcoNecroX wrote:
@Asteroth wrote:Also, ladder is probably relatively dead at the moment since it's been on for so long (2 months now?)

this ladder isn't the same as other ladders.
it's far from dead btw

Okay, okay. I guess everyone is at at this elusive thing they call "work". Bouncing Mr. Green I will try again later this evening.

JamieLynn7483
Alpha Centaur

TGGood None

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MUS01 on Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:50 pm

@cowking wrote:
@Wotan wrote:Hint: Using "xD" makes you look like a 12 year old girl, thus making most mature people disregard your opinion.

Correct.

Mature intelligent people only weigh what is being said. Everything else is irrelevant.

XD

@wotan wrote:This is a terrible example. If your experience with the game is  banging your head against the wall repeatedly until you learn - thats your problem.
So, basically you're telling me the gameplay/playstyle of 1 amazon character is the same thing than a barbarian/druid/paladin/sorc?
Interesting.    

@MarconecroX wrote:There is a misconception, in my opinion, in the term "value" when it comes to this game. The value of the game is simply equal to the fun you have playing it.
You're right. But this mod is really frustrating with some quest. A normal/average player can wish save his characters fur future attempts... Is a really waste that you can't export or save realm chars into SP (in only 1 direction). Damn, even SP purist like me will play in realm... if that possibility is given...

* Even if you complete a quest with help in realm, you can wish re try it in SP, for yourself.  It's only 1 opinion: some people in a gymn is happy with their last reps in given exercise, don't taking in account the fact which that last rep was possible only for the "help" of the other people. So, after a little practice, maybe you try that last rep for yourself, with no help... Still, you need the machines (aka your chars) for retry it.   Ofc, you can try without machines, but then, there is no point going to the gymn in first place, right?    In that case, you go with Calisthenics (aka SP) from the beginning.  

I hope you people enjoy this little comparison. Peace. and @Wotan, XD

Last edited by MUS01 on Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:22 pm; edited 2 times in total

MUS01
Burning Dead

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Asteroth on Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:19 pm

@MarcoNecroX wrote:
@Asteroth wrote:Also, ladder is probably relatively dead at the moment since it's been on for so long (2 months now?)

it's far from dead btw

Fair enough. From what i saw though, this ladder was way less active than the one before (when you released XV with all the new skill trees), and by now there just HAS to be fewer players (natural attrition). Which is why i said "probably relatively". 

Looking at players online, it's not dead, but it's not as lively as it was a month ago

Asteroth
Hardliner

Well-Sourced Debater
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by romanN1 on Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:56 pm

@MarcoNecroX wrote:

it's far from dead btw

Far from totally dead. Problem is drop rates need to be modified a bit (making amus and rings drop a little more, or making the other SUs drop less) cause most people are stuck at a stage where they can't find those great amus and rings. Hardcore is allmost dead.

romanN1
The Smith

Mr. Nice Guy

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/winstonjaegarn

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcoNecroX on Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:16 am

@Asteroth wrote:Looking at players online, it's not dead, but it's not as lively as it was a month ago

to me it was equally or a bit less active than the start but it's decreasing at a much slower rate because drops are more balanced and getting fully geared isn't as easy.
yes, there are less players than 1 month ago but that's just the common nature of it. On the other hand, this ladder is the ladder reset with the lowest amount of added content since mxlu.

we are probably going to get new gameservers soon, also new forum/trade system should boost it even more. And if ladder really dies, I'll just revive it Mr Green

MarcoNecroX
Malthael

Führer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan on Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:24 am

@MUS01
No! What I mean is that the smart thing to do is read some basics about the game and then start playing, otherwise if you are used to the old boring and tedious play of cLoD you will end up ragequit before stony field. I noticed that the majority of newbies that come to the forum to complain about the mod and how hard/imbalanced it is - are those who dont read beforehand. Thats why in most newbie threads  I am sarcastic, cause its one thing to say "Hey guys I am struggling can you help me..." than the most popular "Why is this mod so stupid?", "Oh, doggie I died from the statue guy. Whats wrong with this mod?... its impossibru".

zD

And I don't know why people complain about drops. Those who farm a lot will get rewarded with rare uniques. Those who don't will have to get use to pay. It was somewhat unfair to those who farm a lot to be at the same stage with those who log 2 hours a week. Don'tcha think?

Wotan
Madawc

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by whist on Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:52 am

Not this again... This topic came up so many times, always with the same replies within it...
Someone list all the good/bad of every modes and we make a sticky (unpartial) thread about it or something Rolling Eyes

@OP, in your particular case, the answer to your problem would be to play with friends via TCP/IP. Doesn't fix the drop rates problem though, but are they that different from realm? (I don't know for real)

whist
Nihlathak

Huehuehue™

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pokerlifex@hotmail.com on Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:04 am

If you're worried about having to grind 100's of hours to get stuff I don't mind sending you my plugy stash file. You can keep and discard what you will and essentially shortcut where you want. I play exclusively single player and tcp/ip. Hit me up via PM or skype me @ el_clubswingo

pokerlifex@hotmail.com
Knight of War

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Quirinus on Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:32 am

@whist wrote:Not this again... This topic came up so many times, always with the same replies within it...
Someone list all the good/bad of every modes and we make a sticky (unpartial) thread about it or something Rolling Eyes

@OP, in your particular case, the answer to your problem would be to play with friends via TCP/IP. Doesn't fix the drop rates problem though, but are they that different from realm? (I don't know for real)

Yes, XVc has many more item drops than XVr.

Quirinus
Creature of Flame

Bloody High Five
TGGood none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gekko64 on Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:14 am

@Wotan wrote:And I don't know why people complain about drops. Those who farm a lot will get rewarded with rare uniques. Those who don't will have to get use to pay.

please elaborate on this. are we talking about pay 2 win here?

Gekko64
Hopeless

Twinktwat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum