Insane Disintegrate damage

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Insane Disintegrate damage

Post by PodolskyV on Sat Jun 13, 2015 2:54 pm

I saw this in Mechanic guides thread and my question is how can it be.

I guess it's two Facemelters SSU with ~20 pts to Disintegrate, two Bad moog rings with ~25 pts, maybe crafted gloves with ~15 pts, +all skills 10+. So total equip gives 70+ slvl disentegrate + %magic/physical damage. But isn't this damage per frame overcapped?

PodolskyV
Horror

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Insane Disintegrate damage

Post by Borgin on Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:33 pm

It's hard to break 83k damage per frame (though I suppose it's probably possible). 83k per frame would mean you're doing 2 million damage per second with disintegrate, which is a TON of damage.

Borgin
Blood Stone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PodolskyV on Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:23 am

Check the link in my first post. There are screenshot with 80k-160k Disintegrate damage per frame. Total skill damage per cast is 8-16 millions. That's why I named my thread "Insane Disintegrate damage", seems to be overcaped though.

PodolskyV
Horror

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by cornish_bread on Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:37 am

Hi PodolskyV

If you haven't already, have a look at http://www.medianxl.com/t1115-mxlu-faq-mechanics-guide in the section titled 'Damage Caps and Life Rollover Values'.
It's a good guide and well worth the read.

cornish_bread
Glowing Fungus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PodolskyV on Sun Jun 14, 2015 3:15 pm

I've read that, but don't understand something. As I think 80k-160k is "in limbo" most times except the cases when it <83k. Isn't that true?

PodolskyV
Horror

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Termy on Sun Jun 14, 2015 3:18 pm

@PodolskyV wrote:I've read that, but don't understand something. As I think 80k-160k is "in limbo" most times except the cases when it <83k. Isn't that true?

From my understanding, it's not "in limbo". All the damage over the 83k cap is rounded down to 83k. Anything above 167k is rolled over, which is bad (unless you're getting upwards of 250k, in which case you are a madman).

Termy
Glowing Fungus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PodolskyV on Sun Jun 14, 2015 3:43 pm

"Simple Example - Your Damage = 1000 / Cap Value = 400 / Roll-over Value = 800 / Your Real Damage Output = 200
As you can see in the above example, any damage between 400-800 is "in limbo" and has no effect until you reach the roll-over point." - quote from guide

Cap Value is 83k, Roll-over Value is 167k. So I can understand mentonied above exactly that the damage goes to limbo.

PodolskyV
Horror

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Termy on Sun Jun 14, 2015 4:09 pm

@PodolskyV wrote:Simple Example - Your Damage = 1000 / Cap Value = 400 / Roll-over Value = 800 / Your Real Damage Output = 200

We have a different definition of "limbo" then, because that's exactly what I meant.

Termy
Glowing Fungus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Quirinus on Sun Jun 14, 2015 4:44 pm

not sure how exactly disintegrate works, but some spells add up the damage of all the missiles to make the total damage. but the real life case is that not all of those missiles hit the target, so the damage is lower than what is displayed. that might be the case here, but I might be wrong.

Quirinus
Creature of Flame

Bloody High Five
TGGood none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PodolskyV on Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:42 pm

We have a different definition of "limbo" then, because that's exactly what I meant.
So please post your definition.

Quirinus
Disintegrate has duration and deals damage per second, so I guess that damage on stat page is a damage per frame, also not sure though.

PodolskyV
Horror

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum