triune boss fight

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

triune boss fight

Post by deciog543 on Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:55 am

I'm relatively new to median xl but i consider myself a fairly decent player. Ive had little to no trouble collecting most of the charms. I decided to revisit Triune once i got enough defense and resists to survive the entrance when you get slammed. I can clear the whole place with no problems. But this boss fight, holy jesus. I spend like 4 hours on it last night before quitting. I kept thinking I missed something or I could do something different... i dont know. I think i understand the basic mechanic of making arihan fight primus' messenger but as soon as i got them into the same room i could make 0 progress. Is there a trick to living through it that i missed or something? Because arihan will not stay focused on him even if i keep him charmed the whole time he just walks away and i get teleported and then he curses me and either a bat hits me or one of the messengers missiles to take me out. I went through 2 full tp tomes last night just on the boss. If someone could give me some hints or maybe a link to a video of someone killing him i would appreciate it greatly. sorry for the long message

deciog543
Sasquatch

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: triune boss fight

Post by reiyu568 on Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:16 am

Everytime you die, you need to drop your Tome of Possession ( the charm you got from the cow ) and put it in your inventory again, because it´s bugged otherwise and he won´t do any dmg iirc. Also, what class are you?

reiyu568
Horror

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishab on Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:36 am

its more of re-equip rather then drop, just pick and put the book back into the inv to get the 'green' curse glow under ur feets. when u charm the fat guy, u can see that he will have the same curse under his feet showing that now if the messenger hits him, he will take damage.

The messenger will try to float away from u and arihan and u would come at him, thats just how he is...
the trick i used to do is to make arihan follow me right till i very near messenger and then charm him.
There r a few other small tricks but its mostly luck based since all strategy fails as soon as he cast his bat attack and make u tele around like crazy Razz

Rishab
Ancient Fungus

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by deciog543 on Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:52 am

My bad forgot to mention im a javazon. And I did read around a bit before the fight so I knew about the re-equip for the tome but the problem wasn't damage I think I could only get him to hit the messenger like twice over the whole 4 hours then he'd just walk away still charmed.

deciog543
Sasquatch

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by redicomerade on Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:10 pm

Had the same problem bro, triune was my most hated ubers, now its one of favorite.
First i spend 5 hours without succes. Now i can do it in few minutes.
Theres no concret tips, you have to understand the mechanics, lets see:

- have some good killspeed so summoned bats wont swarm you and whole screen, and it will be hard to go for body
-stay close to primus with arihan, not whole screen, aim his missiles so arihan get hit, and then dodge them
-getting arihan to primus, the best place for me is this large entrance when you first meet primus, to get them together you can make yourself cursed, focused arihan to get to you in straight line- where the end of the line is primus, then charming him if nothing stay in his way he will continue this line to primus, if he gets hit by primus he will focus on him- your succes. Tele by primus- repeat operation
- remeber the charm time and cast it immediatly after so you wont get curse and 1 hp, and slooooow
- try, try, try you will laugh some time after, how it is simple and you were trying it for 4 hours. I did

Good luck Thumbs Up

redicomerade
Shock Stinger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by deciog543 on Sun Jun 14, 2015 3:50 pm

Omg he gets aggro from getting hit by missiles..... thank you so much this would have taken forever for me to figure out

deciog543
Sasquatch

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Istaryu on Sun Jun 14, 2015 4:34 pm

That boss just needs practice. My first kill took 1,5 hours, now I can do it in 10 mins. @redicomerade pretty much told you everythng you need to know

Last edited by Istaryu on Sun Jun 14, 2015 4:34 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : typo)

Istaryu
Curst Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by reiyu568 on Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:27 pm

You are an amzon, get a runeword with Dominate oskill, 30sec charm lol.

reiyu568
Horror

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by test123 on Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:34 pm

how do you all tank the burn damage from primus though. I try to use myself as a lure to bring arihan to primus as redicomerade said, but I keep dying from primus especially when arihan charms me. and it's impossible to do it in 10minutes, no?

test123
Cabalist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben- on Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:58 pm

@Rishab wrote:its more of re-equip rather then drop, just pick and put the book back into the inv to get the 'green' curse glow under ur feets. when u charm the fat guy, u can see that he will have the same curse under his feet showing that now if the messenger hits him, he will take damage.

The messenger will try to float away from u and arihan and u would come at him, thats just how he is...
the trick i used to do is to make arihan follow me right till i very near messenger and then charm him.
There r a few other small tricks but its mostly luck based since all strategy fails as soon as he cast his bat attack and make u tele around like crazy Razz

omg hello stranger

Ben-
War Thug

British Gentleben
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum