countess deletes me, among other troubles

View previous topic View next topic Go down

countess deletes me, among other troubles

Post by kikinak on Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:44 am

I'm a holy aura paladin and eventually managed to kill the countess by running around her in circles, but even now that I'm on act two, going back to the countess to see if I can net a few runes, that thing where she does the thunderbolt of darkness or whatever it is one-shots me with my 1400 hp. Is it really supposed to be THAT powerful? If so, it should really have some sort of noticeable indicator or something (I can't see any)

Also, what's the recommended level for the dungeon in the burial grounds back in act 1? I've tried going in there a couple times and always get instagibbed by heroic enemies. I wasn't finding it anywhere in the official document as a challenge dungeon like the cathedral of vanity, so I assumed it was something you were supposed to do around the same time as the blood raven quest like in clod, but I guess not (you should see about putting warnings or something by the way, kinda like with the dragon eggs. Maybe wall it off with breakable things saying "Warning: High level area" or something)

Those aren't quite as pressing as where I currently am though. What's the deal with the ghost maggots in the maggot cave? They're everywhere, I can't do anything about them, and usually they do pretty much nothing to me (my guy acts like he's getting hit, but is only taking 5 damage tops), but randomly they'll deal a thousand damage to me in one hit! Does it have something to do with the eggs? Breaking them doesn't seem to do anything

kikinak
Fallen One

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: countess deletes me, among other troubles

Post by Asteroth on Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:57 am

When you kill countess and her minions, they cast Deathstrike which will 100% terminate any character (albeit there is a very small window to remove yourself from it's AOE once it comes down). There is an indicator on the floor where deathstrike will land, but it's just before the skill comes down. 
Furthermore her firewalls will instagib you as well. Avoid her entirely (you can farm runes by just playing the game) until the minigames.

I am certain dragon eggs have a warning (DO NOT KILL UNLESS YOU KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING). Open your eyes mate. 
Avoid uberquests and heroic areas until you're 120 (and strong)...The level names used to have Warning signs, but i think they're now just a different font.

Asteroth
Hardliner

Well-Sourced Debater
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kikinak on Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:04 am

I know the dragon eggs have a warning. I was using them as an example saying that the dungeons should have warnings like they do.

kikinak
Fallen One

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by suchbalance on Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:52 am

All side areas with names in red text are not part of the levelling content, with the exception of a few "challenges". I have a feeling you might be using an out of date documentation, use this: http://docs.median-xl.com/

There isn't a more obvious warning because 1) Diablo engine limitations 2) we trust you have the intelligence to realise you should not be going that way after 1-2 deaths (a la dark souls).

suchbalance
Ethereal

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Quirinus on Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:33 am

and the burial grounds uber (Kingdom of Shadow / Ureh) IS listed in the documentation, you must have missed it

Quirinus
Creature of Flame

Bloody High Five
TGGood none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum