Black desert ONLINE

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Black desert ONLINE

Post by Wotan on Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:17 pm

Since the NA and EU versions will be released in the first quarter of 2016, and I cant wait - I am going to play on the Korean servers and maybe by the time it gets released in the EU I'd have some idea.

Marked by many big gaming websites as the most promising and anticipated MMO. Many non-Korean/asians players have already started months ago on the original Korean servers. I guess its going to be easier to adapt with English speaking people. Also there is already an official English translation patch released.

ps. I just learned today about this MMO and I am already impressed... on theory Smile

Wotan
Madawc

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Black desert ONLINE

Post by hellgrind on Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:36 pm

One thing i hole they will change, THAT FAKING SCREEN SHAKE !!! I didnt even see what's going on the screen in that dual axe guy -.- Other than that it reminds me the Terra mmo with gameplay and fightstyle. But i like the face-punch style Smile And to bad i'll not playing this because i had shitty pc and i live in central europe and pings in china/korea/japan are 2k+ for me Smile

hellgrind
Burning Dead

Not so well known...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan on Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:50 pm

You can turn off most additional effects of the game, including the screen shake.
TERA was/is still very good, but outdated now. I played for the past 2 months, but MMOs now change and develop rapidly, so is the market. I really like what I saw in Black desert, read many reviews on the gameplay and storyline, seems and looks like a game thats been developed by a serious team and not just another MMO. Tera was the same ,but couple of years back.

Wotan
Madawc

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hellgrind on Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:58 pm

You're right but there's always one question every time when some1 announce new mmo. Does it have the "power" to be a real competitor with milky cow WoW ? Last time it was Aion and i was super hyped and i even want to pay a fee to play this game but after, idk 3-4 months after release it just disappear. This is the biggest problem of every new mmo after wow.

hellgrind
Burning Dead

Not so well known...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan on Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:15 am

Aion didn't disappear. It had poor development after release and poor maintanence. Was flooded by kinah(gold) sellers and was made free to play afterwards. The PvP balance was a disaster and PvE was kinda plain. Tera on the other hand was promising from the beginning and delivered that promise. Even tho it remains free, Tera has more revenue than WoW. Which is telling you one thing - its a god damn good MMO if so many people are willing to spend money for perks. I believe that Black desert will be as good as Tera (balance-wise Pve and Pvp) and will be/is a stepforward to MMO progress.

Wotan
Madawc

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tekktonik on Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:03 am

Do people truly enjoy the neverwinter-esque type of playstyle? tera, neverwinter, etc... personally i never really enjoyed it but somehow i think it has to do with the scaling... for example, part of the reason why i loved wow so much was because i felt immersed in a perfectly scaled world. In neverwinter i felt uber-cluttered like everything was a mess and terra seemed awkwardly the same :/ Any thoughts or oppinions?
Edit: Forgot to tie the two points together - i feel like the whole movement mechanic would be nicer in a better scaled environment. Maybe this game will fix that? O.O

Tekktonik
Shock Stinger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan on Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:58 am

By the time Black desert gets released in NA and EU, there will be two huge additional patches added. Hopefully they will fix the scaling a bit.
Why is everyone mispelling TERA?
Personally I think TERA had more to offer to the true gamer, than WoW.
Everything past Wotlk is total BS. The Garrison is one of these BS. I like that they changed the mechanics of the characters, and enhanced the graphics a bit, but the rest is big pile of shit.
TERA offered a lot of things to do, and not just the same tedious crap covered with sprinkles (cause that is a Blizz thing). People get impressed by the same bullshit they've been playing for years, just because it has improved looks (more often ,even the same).

Wotan
Madawc

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tekktonik on Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:12 pm

Well that certainly is an issue blizzard has had - but to be perfectly honest with you, the reason blizzard netted people back, or atleast me lol - was because of the content of the new expansion. Being someone who has played warcraft for almost 12 years now, i can honestly say i dont play it anymore because of the "new things their bringing to the table". My friends quit playing long ago - and now i only play new xpacs till ive completed the majority of the content. WOD Looked extremely interesting to me mainly because ive read all the books ever written on warcraft and read Wowwiki and wowpedia atleast a 100 times over. The new content and the amazing job they did bringing draenor to life sealed me in to playing it. The only real reason i actually quit was because i didnt have anyone to play with..
On an off note, as long as blizzard doesnt try to feed me some stupid shit like pandaland again, and shows atleast some interesting theme, i'll probably always atleast Try their stuff.

Tekktonik
Shock Stinger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum