Turning SU to passives or extrat oskills from them?

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Turning SU to passives or extrat oskills from them?

Post by redicomerade on Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:22 pm

Hmm, yes that would be nice, that was an old affix, didnt knew about limitations
Still... make sigma happened Very Happy

redicomerade
Shock Stinger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PodolskyV on Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:34 am

And in median what do you want to change to passive
I run now with my elem dru and using Kur RW staff. There are one nice property that doubles acid fiend's aura effect. Maybe something like this.

And please don't tell me that d3 legendaries is more interesting and more buildchanging than SUs in Median.

I just want to discuss the general concept, not realisation details. If you see that concept is good, you can find a way how to implement it properly into the game, otherwise any realisation will be bad IMHO

PodolskyV
Horror

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by redicomerade on Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:22 pm

PodolskyV that acid friend aura is nice but did you ever had any problem that acid fiend was to far from you and loose aura? I didnt, there are 25 of them, its almost impossible as i played with my poison dru. But yes, that just that kind of affix that can be implemented in passives.

Im sorry, but in my opinion- yes d3 legendaries with passives is more build changing in median. There are man items that do special things in game, not only % damage or another missile, or enchanced stances/aura radius.
As for example i use to have monk with passives in legendaries: critical hit causing chain lighting, monster hitted by lighting start to ?sparkle? dealing damage to others, chance to cast electric bolts on strike, electricity has chance to stun enemies, primary skills attack faster. Whole build was proc machine, focusing on as many AS as possible, and stunning enemies. All mana spenders skills were not needed, you just focused on power ups.
See the difference? Thats build changing by items. Here in median you just becoming stronger, have another proc, the mechanics stay the same, you dont change anything.

Still median is milion times better as a game. And i would love to see this mechanics in median.

redicomerade
Shock Stinger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PodolskyV on Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:32 pm

@redicomerade wrote:did you ever had any problem that acid fiend was to far from you and loose aura?
Idk about aura radius, but that property doubles %spell damage that provides this aura.

in my opinion- yes d3 legendaries with passives is more build changing in median.
A lot of median SU have oskills, and it's also buldchanging. When I started play median and checked some uberlevel videos, I could not even figure out what's going on and what skills player using. And realy there are some crazy oskill builds in Median, that still blows my mind.

So I think that oskills also can be extracted to the charms.

Someone said that it's enough power for all chars, and with this feature all chars will be overpowered. Ok just reduce the limit for signets of learning. Sometimes I hate farming them and it makes me bored.

PodolskyV
Horror

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Eggymedian on Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:24 pm

Would work tbh and this is how I think it should work:

Cubing shamanka with something like a mystic shard would give a small cycle (of hope?) giving +1 to bloodlust as an oskill.

Cubing with something like a berserker sssu backsword which has 2 oskills of bloodlust or mark of the wild would give a 33% chance to either give +1 to bloodlust, mark of the wild or both (1:1:1 ratios).

Something like that javelin that gives stormlord could be cubed to give a stormlord passive (+1 ofc) which would give you an edge by having an extra boost in attributes.

imo I could really only realistically see only one of these charms per character for obvious reasons of balance.

Eggymedian
Vampiress

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by whist on Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:41 pm

@RollsRoyce wrote:believe me of there werent those 511 stat limitations we would have alot of unique item affixes Smile  ( just like + 2 to elemental/banshee missiles but for alot more skills !)

This Evil or Very Mad (although sigma did manage to free about 100 stat lines so far... or maybe a little less than that, whatever)
Also lol'd at people saying his suggestion would take years to implement, that's actually relatively easy. But bad idea as suchbalance mentioned.

whist
Nihlathak

Huehuehue™

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by whist on Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:44 pm

@Eggymedian wrote:Would work tbh and this is how I think it should work:

Cubing shamanka with something like a mystic shard would give a small cycle (of hope?) giving +1 to bloodlust as an oskill.

Cubing with something like a berserker sssu backsword which has 2 oskills of bloodlust or mark of the wild would give a 33% chance to either give +1 to bloodlust, mark of the wild or both (1:1:1 ratios).

Something like that javelin that gives stormlord could be cubed to give a stormlord passive (+1 ofc) which would give you an edge by having an extra boost in attributes.

imo I could really only realistically see only one of these charms per character for obvious reasons of balance.

Awesome idea. Now every characters passively get all the buff oskills of the game. That's brilliant.

whist
Nihlathak

Huehuehue™

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PodolskyV on Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:53 pm

Awesome idea. Now every characters passively get all the buff oskills of the game. That's brilliant.
Yes, If you have infinite inventory.

Again what can you say about general conception, not about realisation

PodolskyV
Horror

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Eggymedian on Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:00 pm

Imho it wouldn't really be OP with only one small cycle allowed per character and as Podol says it is just a general idea.

Eggymedian
Vampiress

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PodolskyV on Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:06 pm

So if this concept will be accepted in general, it will be possible to discuss how it can be implemented. That's constructive method of approach.

PodolskyV
Horror

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum