New here an to Median XL

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New here an to Median XL

Post by ryaan21 on Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:52 am

Hey gang. I am new to this whole thing, started the other day. I love the mod. I have a lot of fun playing it. I was away from the original D2LOD for a long time and I recently came back. 3-4 weeks of playing on bnet and I was tired of the game. It is basically single player now since the games are filled with ad bots and the only games in the play list are bot run baal games.

So I figured since i was basically playing single player I should see if there are any good mods out. I came acriss this mod after asking about mods on another site.

Fun stuff. I was getting the crap beat out of me in the Dark Wood and I loved it. If felt like the game was actually dangerous.

I am now level 64 an in act 5 normal difficulty. I play a barbarian. I am stuck right now, cannot beat the baal minion that looks like a little tower that summons enemies. I dont care thought because I just go grind gear and levels.

I look forward to trying an online version of the game eventually if there is a decent community.

Is there a specific level that is needed to beat the original difficulty?

I am sure the build I am doing is going to be a crap build, it seems that is always the case when I try a new game. I am a barbarian and I use the snake stance with the summoned towers and an act 1 ranger. General enemy clearing this build seems to work really well, but when I get into going to Baal, I get wrecked on the way down and if I do make it there I get stomped by the tower minion. Any suggestions?

I know nothing of the abbreviations people use on this forum, so if you do offer advice, please take that into account haha thanks.

ryaan21
Returned

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New here an to Median XL

Post by suchbalance on Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:47 am

Welcome Smile

In general there is no set in stone level for finishing hatred, but most people are between 50-65, depending on how much you clear the areas.

Are you aware of our documentation: http://docs.median-xl.com/ ? It contains all the info you will ever need about the game, so consult it when in doubt.

Anyway a common reason why your barb might be struggling with the tower dps is because of low attack rating. You should always try to maintain 95% chance to hit enemies. If dual wielding, then the passive daedalus helps a lot. Otherwise invest some points in dexterity and/or orb your weapon with attack rating mystic orbs and/or socket some eld runes in your gear.

With regards to getting rekt by the throne of destruction: all the enemies there deal heavy elemental damage and when you kill the succubi they curse you which lowers your resists. You can counter this by having overcapped resistances. This can be achieved by socketing onyxes/ambers/bloodstones/turquoises in your gear or cubing them with your character orb; or mystic orbing for all resistance. You should also check that you are always walking - running sets your defence to 0 (like in vanilla d2).

Do check the challenges section in the docs, perhaps you missed the level challenges and hence some charms. Our forum guide section can also be helpful in giving you more specific information.

suchbalance
Ethereal

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ryaan21 on Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:32 am

Thanks for the information, that link is awesome.

I might have the wrong mod installed though since when I do griswold he does not drop the box and when I tried the quest in the amazon place there was no pirate in the entrance. I will see what I can figure out. Smile

ryaan21
Returned

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcoNecroX on Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:24 am

there is indeed an online community, the environment is exactly like bnet:
http://www.medianxl.com/h15-the-sin-war

also, maybe you're playing Median XL 2012. The servers run on Ultimative XVc, which is the continuation of regular Median except it was done by some random guy that isn't Brother Laz (who quit in 2012). It's the commonly used version nowdays.

MarcoNecroX
Malthael

Führer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ryaan21 on Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:28 am

Ohhh right on man. I am playing the one you mentioned, I will try to download the "new" one.

I am guessing the install procedure is the same with just replacing the mpq file?

ryaan21
Returned

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by evil_potato on Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:30 am

@marco, yeah, i've heard of that guy... wasn't his name... wait for it....

Facepalm

EDIT: @ryan by default the current version comes as a modfolder for d2se (which happens to be the most convenient modloader and something you definitely should download if you don't have it already).  if you have d2se installed just put the folder from the rar file in the MODS folder (which should be in the default d2 directory).  then when you load d2se just select mxl ultimative xv and play!

evil_potato
Bane Hunter

Evil Protato
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tekktonik on Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:54 am

A Convenient guide to how to do what evil potato suggested above can be found at this link: http://www.medianxl.com/t7120-latest-update-6-28how-to-install-mxlu-xvc-d2se-d2mr-on-1-13c-video-guide?highlight=d2se
- credits for the fabulous guide go to Warren1001 - it comes with a brief video showing you exactly how to do it

Tekktonik
Shock Stinger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ryaan21 on Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:10 am

Thanks a bunch gang! Smile

ryaan21
Returned

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GTD on Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:24 am

welcome to the best fucking mod ever Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

GTD
Hemoplague

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by redicomerade on Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:57 pm

"Huehuehue"-tm

You gonna have a lot of fun doing ubers and other stuff on destruction raging and thinking "this is impossibru!"
I mean a lot of players this days are common to games where you are a god and invincible and everything is melting by one swing of your sword- thats the games we now have. But here- you gonna fail. You gonna read documentation, search forum, try, try, and you will succed.
Dont give up on hard moments- be pacient, thats the most fun moment of the game- end game farming and doing hard ubers.

Im writing this to worn you because i played the game, finished 60% of ubers, rage quit for 1,5 year Embarassed and now back and did 100% of content. Never had better time, smiling how i struggle and now its so easy. Keep it up, youll love it.
This game reminds me a little of dark souls Twisted Evil
There should be a screen of death like in dark souls and "you died like a bitch!" hahaha

redicomerade
Shock Stinger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum