Startled Witch question.

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Startled Witch question.

Post by wash on Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:42 am

So is this really all just a gear check and spamming purify? This is slowing working but hardly seems fun or engaging.

wash
Quill Bear

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Startled Witch question.

Post by Quirinus on Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:21 am

please post in the newbie help section for questions like these. and if they're short like this, post them in the short questions thread in there.

Quirinus
Creature of Flame

Bloody High Five
TGGood none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by evil_potato on Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:53 am

well, you want 50% slow, as much magic res as you can get, 100% ow, and high AR to always hit. skills like fortress/atmg are great for keeping OW on her. then it's just a matter of getting a successful purify hit, not dying, and keeping OW on her

evil_potato
Bane Hunter

Evil Protato
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RollsRoyce on Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:56 am

You should take a look at tu6 hard leather armor, the arrow when you take dmg helps alot for a caster to keep the ow up

RollsRoyce
The Smith

롤스로이스 ☆☆☆☆
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by redicomerade on Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:39 am

The witch has been buffed some patch ago, back then  if you had 50% magic resist and over 13k hp (for her strong pounce) it was a peace of cake.

Now its very strong even with 90% magic resist (maybe marco increased her pure damage, and you should stack DR%, flat DR??).

You didnt wrote what char are you trying to do her (if you know what i mean Drooling )
I used a strategy with summons:
you cast summons far from you, witch focus on them only cause they appear non stop, you position yourself so her projectiles wont hit you. Now purify, OW, meanwhile casting summons all the time.
Dont cast them too close to her or she will tele and cast nova that will knockback you and summons and destroy the process and even knock you to the witches. By that same reason i recommend you to use WDM ranged skill- make a craft bow with oskill so you dont lose arrows (no tantrum! Facepalm ), moe it with AR% fill with perf. amethyst.
From time to time she will tele and you will fight once again for good position.

Maybe not the best strategy but its doable with some casters chars. Did it with caster dudu and caster pally without need to respec

redicomerade
Shock Stinger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcoNecroX on Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:40 pm

@wash wrote:So is this really all just a gear check and spamming purify? This is slowing working but hardly seems fun or engaging.

so what uber isn't about gear check and spamming [whatever skill]?

MarcoNecroX
Malthael

Führer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Metalistas on Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:05 pm

Death projector, triune and butcher.

Metalistas
Goliath

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Asteroth on Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:48 pm

Creature of Flame, Cathedral of Vanity

Asteroth
Hardliner

Well-Sourced Debater
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by wash on Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:33 am

@MarcoNecroX wrote:
@wash wrote:So is this really all just a gear check and spamming purify? This is slowing working but hardly seems fun or engaging.

so what uber isn't about gear check and spamming [whatever skill]?

There are many other enjoyable dungeons or Uber quests that are more than casting one spell and standing still. This one adds no gameplay and is not enjoyable.in my opinion either needs a full over haul or taken out. Having a meatshield end game boss is somthing other games fall to, like most of the final fantasy games and a lot of other less popular rpgs. It is poor game development. While I have always enjoyed every other one

@redicomerade wrote:
You didnt wrote what char are you trying to do her (if you know what i mean Drooling )
Maybe not the best strategy but its doable with some casters chars. Did it with caster dudu and caster pally without need to respec

I'm a elemental druid and friend  is a pounce  zon. We don't die from her but I don't want to sit there for two hours casting purify that works 1/50 times

wash
Quill Bear

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by evil_potato on Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:12 am

that's why you use open wounds. open wounds keeps purify damage going. only takes ~20 minutes.

as an aside, that's still too long imo. lengthy boss fight adds nothing to gameplay (uldy. fix plz). Take laz fight for instance. perfect run takes only 2 minutes, but you still have to pass gearcheck and play skillfully for the whole 2 minutes. hard fight even when it's that short. excellent design. uldy/witch taking 20-45 mins to just stand still and autoproc or lure in circles while qob keeps OW active = boring.

evil_potato
Bane Hunter

Evil Protato
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum