Startled Witch question.

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Startled Witch question.

Post by supernolanbeta on Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:50 am

The problem I have with bosses that take a long time to finish is mainly the glitches that cause the bosses to heal. Last ladder 5 out of 7 witch attempts, she blinks off and back on screen only to have full hp when she was almost dead. And first uldy attempt this ladder he just randomly heals after damaged about 10% in.

supernolanbeta
Fireblood

TGBest None

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by wash on Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:09 am

Ya it the buth's articulate difficulty. Good boss mechanics are supposed to be engaging with tons of dynamic quick changing action for the player. I do understand that, this is hard to pull off with our engine limitations and this mod is very impressive l. I enjoy k3k, I love fauzt with it's hidden passages, even the butcher is fun. Kabraxis is a great example same with on the way to uldy.

Marco I know how busy you are and don't get paid for any of this (I should order you a pizza) but if you ever want suggestions or people to brainstorm with were all here to help. I would love helping with ideas or anything else for new content. I think others would not mind spoiling some of the new sigma stuff we are all dieing to get our grubby hands on to help push this massive project as far as we can.

wash
Quill Bear

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Quirinus on Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:24 am

Marco isn't accepting suggestions atm, since he's got a lot more ideas than time to implement them. plus he knows what's possible to implement, and many players suggest impossible things.

Quirinus
Creature of Flame

Bloody High Five
TGGood none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RollsRoyce on Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:39 am

plz make a boss that can only be dmged with exactly 1337 dmg

RollsRoyce
The Smith

롤스로이스 ☆☆☆☆
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by wash on Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:43 am

It is easy to think of great ideas. Yet difficult to put in practice. I am very aware of this games limitations. Many small horrible things would have been fixed when this came out like Fps,skill slots,and all the other bugs that have been in the game forever. Still impressive  that him and lazy have done all of this.

Edit: Marco and Laz (shitty auto correct)

Last edited by wash on Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:27 am; edited 1 time in total

wash
Quill Bear

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcoNecroX on Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:07 pm

as you gladly seemed to understand, this game does indeed have a billion limitations.

a) 'physical limitations', such as, health cap of 1 million. Due to existance of -enemy res and insane amount of possible damage output, health/res are no viable defense barriers. So the real only way to add survability to monsters is via immunities or avoid.

b) mechanical limitations. D2 artificial intelligences suck big time, as explained here.

If you want to suggest some cool mechanics, go ahead, I won't stop you. However for them to be taken seriously and to start discussing about them, you should really have some idea of the limitations I've talked about before. The annoying part is usually when people suggest some ridiculous monster behaviors or map mechanisms.

@supernolanbeta: regardless of it being a clear D2 engine issue - I am fairly certain these things happen when you un-engage the enemy (i.e. go town, go outside of his visibility range, etc). In these cases, I'd mostly take this as a feature. However, if this happens while you are engaging the monster consistently AND happens with one boss in particular more than others, then it could be something to look into.

MarcoNecroX
Malthael

Führer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum