Crash issue in unformed land

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Crash issue in unformed land

Post by pokerlifex@hotmail.com on Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:02 am

hi, I respeced my Xbow necro into a summoner to farm unformed land for the elemental stones. I am regularly crashing with an unhandled internal error 066344a6. There doesn't seem to be any particular event that causes this ( seemingly random).

I'm using d2se and the version is up to date for everything, no maphack or other software running. I have done Unformed land before with a summoner necro with no issues ( some weeks ago), no recent item changes I can think of either.

Now the necro crashes the game when i try to save and exit, same error msg.

Anyone else had issues like this? Or have any idea as to what might be causing it?

pokerlifex@hotmail.com
Knight of War

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Crash issue in unformed land

Post by Warren1001 on Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:39 am

Internal errors usually mean corruption of files.
You should backup your character saves if you're playing on Singleplayer, and re-download and install Diablo II: LOD and D2SE and Median XLU: XVc files again.

Warren1001
Corruptor Warlock

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Quirinus on Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:28 am

You're playing on realm?

Make a new character. Check the MXLU version from the Median statue in the inventory. It has to be XVc, if it's not, that explains the crashes.

Try running without D2SE or PlugY.

Also, iirc it sometimes crashes when you enter from a staircase that's full of elementals (because of sprite limit, etc., like in tcow/dcow runs) - sometimes it takes like 30 sec to manifest. But I don't remember it crashing once you get in and spend like a minute inside. In this case, it's luck, depending on how the monsters spawn.

Quirinus
Creature of Flame

Bloody High Five
TGGood none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by suchbalance on Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:43 pm

Hm I think it's a much simpler issue. Especially if you crash on save & exit and you play single player & TCP with plugy.

- Try to redownload and reinstall both d2 and mxl as warren suggested.

If it doesn't help then:

- stop keeping stash tabs full of 1x1 items
- always flip your stash to an empty page when you save & exit
- it's nice to keep private stash page 1 free to help with the above

- Optional: consider not duping

suchbalance
Ethereal

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Warren1001 on Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:11 pm

Internal errors were never caused by an overloaded stash. I know this personally Smile You simply lost connection during TCP/IP. Now whether it's possible to overload your stash so much in Singleplayer that it gives you errors is beyond me. But I've had a pretty fully stash and never crashed unless I played TCP/IP.

Warren1001
Corruptor Warlock

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pokerlifex@hotmail.com on Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:37 am

Thanks for the responses guys.

I do have a rather large shared stash but I only crash with my necromancer, my other characters have had no such issue.

Perhaps the character file has become corrupted. I'll respec him and see if I can solve it somehow, if not I'll make a new one. I initially thought it had something to do with Sirens because I was testing out the runeword Lorelei over my crafted Darkling shield but even after I removed lorelei i still had crash issues around 3-5 minutes ater entering unformed land, and then later upon save/exit games. it's on single player, not tcpip. (version xvc).

*edit* I can't try to run it without d2se because I actually do not have d2 installed on my PC (lost my disks), I'm running the game through d2se out of a folder. I can try without plugy but the shared stash seems unlikely to be the problem seeing as the assassin is having no worries.

pokerlifex@hotmail.com
Knight of War

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Warren1001 on Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:54 am

@pokerlifex@hotmail.com wrote:*edit* I can't try to run it without d2se because I actually do not have d2 installed on my PC (lost my disks), I'm running the game through d2se out of a folder. I can try without plugy but the shared stash seems unlikely to be the problem seeing as the assassin is having no worries.
Do you still have the CD-keys? Are they installed on that version? Or is it pirated? If you promise to not be a dick I'll give you access to my Battle.net account (all I have is Diablo 2 on there) and let you download a legit version. TSW doesn't check for keys so it shouldn't conflict with my playing as long as you don't get on Vanilla Battle.net.

Warren1001
Corruptor Warlock

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pokerlifex@hotmail.com on Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:29 am

tbh it might have my original cdkeys. When I decided to play median again i found I had lent out/lost my dioablo2 disks and my 10 store bought cdkeys were already in use on Bnet store so i couldn't download it, but then i found my d2se stuff on an external harddrive and it ran from the folder (if I needed an installation of d2 to install d2se years ago then it would have legit cdkeys). I appreciate your offer to let me download a legit version using your Bnet account and I have no plans to play anything on Bnet, but doesn't that mean I don't need to?

** In regards to the topic of my crashes. I still don't know what caused them but the issue is gone (in regards to save an exit crashes, haven't tried unformed land yet): I shuffled some items out of the front page of my character stash, maybe that did it.

pokerlifex@hotmail.com
Knight of War

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RollsRoyce on Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:46 am

I think a wrong patch might be the most promising answer to this question

RollsRoyce
The Smith

롤스로이스 ☆☆☆☆
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pokerlifex@hotmail.com on Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:49 am

@RollsRoyce wrote:I think a wrong patch might be the most promising answer to this question

Hey rolls i'm playing median ultimative xvc. is there anymore detail beyond that I need to find out? If so how do I get the relevant info to see if I'm up to date?

pokerlifex@hotmail.com
Knight of War

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum