System?

9% 9% 
[ 9 ]
91% 91% 
[ 92 ]

Total Votes : 101

Charm System

Post by MarcoNecroX on Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:05 pm

Alright since there was a suggestoin done, time to resurrect my old idea about charms.
As many ideas there are good and bad sides in it. Basically this is the current charm system:

A) We find all charms in dest, some challenge charms in hatred. Uberquests are done without thinking and simply rushed for charms. New players have a really hard time doing this.

And a system I proposed before is like this:

B) All(*) charms drop in hatred. The charms are like they are now. You re-run the uberquest in terror and dest to complete the charm and obtain it with the older stats. For example: scroll of kings: drops with 5% AA 5% spell damage on hatred. on terror you get another 5%/5% and in dest 10%. What do we get with this? basically, a noob player will be able most likely to get all charms in hatred without problems, and afterwards in terror. They will have most charms by then and they will be able to get the final upgrades from dest a lot easier, because they have partial part of the charm already.

(*) Not ALL charms would have this system. Some bosses would remain dest-only. Purify bosses can be converted into non purify ones for lesser difficulties, like Laz, I could make the uber non - purify and add heroic shield instead, and players could 'train' there for dest too. Could be interesting.

Alright, vote.
If you want to comment, remember the 'I love rushing dont do this I loose time' argument will do nothing.

Malthael

Führer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Charm System

Post by MUS01 on Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:14 pm

B system is really good, and makes the TU's transition to SU's more easier, cause the char get some bonuses until Dest...I really like this idea...

However, still I think which some charms can drop in Hatred/Terror with full bonus, like Death's proyector, and Zakarum's ear..There's no point in %exp charms, if at ending Terror you're 120.. Ohhh well, at least we can have partial bonuses with B system...

Last: for your scroll of kings example charm, I see an full bonus charm...
That's mean which with the new system finally we can have full bounses charms, like SOE?? This is an really good new for newbies and players....

MUS01
Burning Dead

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcoNecroX on Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:35 pm

the example of scroll of kings was just for mechanics, the values I showed there are just random and not real. that would get decided once people finish voting

Malthael

Führer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rexxar on Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:44 pm

Voted for B

Rexxar
Cow Ninja

Lord of Nonsense

View user profile http://d2mods.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=184&t=61143&p=

Back to top Go down

Post by MUS01 on Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:47 pm

@MarcoNecroX wrote:the example of scroll of kings was just for mechanics, the values I showed there are just random and not real. that would get decided once people finish voting

Ok Good know it...I hope wich in the end we can have charms with stable values, cause in other way get 1 perfect charm can be form very hard to imposible...

Waiting Sigma...This semms so good until this moment.... Voted B.

MUS01
Burning Dead

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BassToMouth on Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:18 am

Lol 8 - 0 in favour of B... its looking a bit one sided atm Very Happy

Anyway I think essentially B is the better choice since it gives experienced players motivation to actually play through untwinked and have a bit of fun outside of Destruction encounters.
BassToMouth
Mindless

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by iwansquall on Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:44 am

Adding to that, i really hope that class charm unlocked much earlier, without able to spend point into the EC skill of course.

Same goes to sunstone, because some player proved they can do challenge before lvl 50.
iwansquall
Blood Golem

Underpowered Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Homm on Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:17 am

Well...seems like we got it.

I really like the fact that untwinked people can play all the game through. Only thing i don't like is the maximum requierement of LC1 ... But seems like any rogue can do it now so.
Homm
Ancient Fungus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kambala on Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:35 am

B) is a good move towards newcomers
kambala
Follower of Akarat

View user profile http://worldofplayers.ru/forums/769/

Back to top Go down