Starting Again

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Starting Again

Post by Bosanac on Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:05 pm

@MarcoNecroX wrote:3sk craft circlet
5sk craft ceremonial armor (opt. acid fiend oskill, but it's more fancy than useful)
craft belt/glove/boot ( i think gloves have +1 sorc)
12sk crafted staff
2x 1sk ring
4sk ammy

tl;dr all minion-crafted items, +sorc skills being priority

Awesome so this is a total noob question here so I am sorry ahead of time... But what does 5sk mean, 12sk staff? Does that mean +skill? If so, I don't think I can get a staff or armor at that price if I am still lvl 44.

Also, gloves I am good with as they are Honorific with a ton of res... What kind of Glove/Boot do you suggest I craft and what is the process to craft? I am sure I can look this up. I am using the TU Greaves because they have res on them + spell damage so it seems solid enough for now?

Last thing... Do you think using my +cold skill damage / FCR / Mana / minion life / minion life damage TU armor with NO + SKILLS is better than actually using something like a TU fire/light armor that has + skills on it? Not sure what the priority is here - +Skill or the TU Blue Armor with all the cold stats for my build.

Bosanac
Devourer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Asteroth on Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:19 pm

yes it means +skill.
Ye at your level piece together whatever you can. Kali gloves are great (Pul rw), and TU belt is good for casters.

At your lvl you may also want to use flamestrike/manasweep for easy clears. Flamefront isn't the highest dmg spell, but it's by far the most reliable. Flamestrike can be tricky to aim at mobile targets (great for taking our stationary ones though).
On my cold/fire sorc, i found flamefront to be so good end game, but you can worry about that later.

Also, learn to hit Abyss (the outside circle is what damages, not the center).

Asteroth
Hardliner

Well-Sourced Debater
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosanac on Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:32 pm

@Asteroth wrote:yes it means +skill.
Ye at your level piece together whatever you can. Kali gloves are great (Pul rw), and TU belt is good for casters.

At your lvl you may also want to use flamestrike/manasweep for easy clears. Flamefront isn't the highest dmg spell, but it's by far the most reliable. Flamestrike can be tricky to aim at mobile targets (great for taking our stationary ones though).
On my cold/fire sorc, i found flamefront to be so good end game, but you can worry about that later.

Also, learn to hit Abyss (the outside circle is what damages, not the center).

Oh that is just cool, I had no idea on the Abyss... This will help so much.

Also, I am A5 and highest rune I found was IO lol.. So how can I get to Pul and is there a good place to find it in Norm? The question comes again, I am using 60 all res and other mod gloves, would Kali be better? I think its a bit hard to chuck those gloves away as the all res is making me super good.

If I decide to go Cold/Light build for pure reasons of passive defense skill, what is the best light skill?

Bosanac
Devourer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Asteroth on Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:56 pm

Once you get to nilh he can drop mid lvl runes (up to lo and ohm). farm him a bit.

as for resistances, your other gear should have resistances as well. At worst, socket your gear with gems/runes with resistances. Or just use the resistance MOs on regular gear without the double MO bonus.

It's really up to you. The game is very flexible. Kali may not even be the best option because the proc isn't viable on casters (spells don't proc "when enemy is killed"). Later on sacred crafts will certainly be better though. 

Thunderstone is a marvelous 1 point wonder (it does massive damage). Otherwise, i believe tempest (auto aims lightning) is the de facto farm skill (which you would smax). It's quite good, but medium range. 
Nova charge and hive are generally just 1 pt wonders. Don't invest into these

Asteroth
Hardliner

Well-Sourced Debater
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Quirinus on Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:31 pm

don't play p8 on HC lol
absolutely not worth it

Quirinus
Creature of Flame

Bloody High Five
TGGood none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosanac on Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:22 pm

I only play alone on realm so I am good.

Also, I noticed Tran Athula is now Twin Seas... Its a whole diff map and looks comp diff. That said, I took a dummy char in with full res and high def, and the zon 1 shotted my char. Does this site have an updated guide on how to beat these areas or anything on the changes?

Since I last played, this is a lot diff.

Bosanac
Devourer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Asteroth on Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:32 pm

tran athulua in IN the twin seas. the entrance to TA is west of the twin seas exit (right where you come in).

Asteroth
Hardliner

Well-Sourced Debater
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by munkyh3ad on Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:33 pm

Tran Athula's entrance is 1 screen down and to the left of where you enter Twin Seas, it has one of those fire cauldron like the one at Twin Seas entrance. Up in the open desert area of Twin Seas is now the goddess Athula, she's a heroic boss you'd best face in Destruction to get her Bow, otherwise let her be.

Ninja'd.

munkyh3ad
Dark Lady

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosanac on Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:40 pm

Oh god good thing you told me... I got 1 shotted by that biotch. Jesus she hits hard.

Bosanac
Devourer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Quirinus on Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:13 pm

you probably know the documentation:
http://docs.median-xl.com/

visiting the Quest Reference link in the docs might help, it has all the important quests/challenges/ubers listed, with their short description, location and reward.

as for guides, many character specific guides in the guide section of the forum include short instructions to beat specific ubers.

I don't think there's an up to date guide for all the ubers from a standpoint of no specific character.

check these:
http://www.medianxl.com/f39-sorceress

Quirinus
Creature of Flame

Bloody High Five
TGGood none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum