[ 26 ]
10% 10% 
[ 3 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 29

A new Bestiary, yup or naah?

Post by Rishab on Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:22 am

Hey everyone, so i was thinking of starting a new Bestiary project for this game since last one was so old and outdated that it had to be removed from documents.
Me, @Quirinus , @korcola and @Italianpower started it back in Dec/January but then stuff got in the way and it never got completed.

Making a Bestiary thread is how Sing_n_Silence started the old bestiary which finally made its way into documents and i m just repeating it. Veteran players would remember ^^

I m thinking of a bestiary better then the old one. This is the info i m thinking of that should be given about a monster in it:
-Monster Pic :- a person should know what he needs to be aware of.
-mlvl :- monster lvl, not sure how this will be helpful but i can get these if people think it will be useful.
-Monster locations :- Stating all the various locations on which a monster can be found.
-Monster Abilities :- telling about special details that a monster have like special skills etc
-Immunities :- various monsters are immune to different elements, i will try and list what monster is immune to what.
-Killing Strategy :- adding strategy on how to kill that monster

I would obviously need help from you guys since there are ~2000 monsters and i will probably make mistakes about many of them.

Need opinion/suggestions about:
1. mlvl - tell me if this is really needed or if i can leave it.
2. If i should do all 3 difficulties or just destr? many monsters are common in all difficulties but have name changed and have added skills.
3. Any other info you think should be included or should not be included.

I don't have the files or anything related to these monsters and would be getting all the info from playing the game and getting to each monster manually so if there is some information about the monsters that you would like to be in here but it is only obtainable by going into files, then i m sorry i won't be able to do so unless someone have that info and would provide it to me.

thankyou for reading and voting Smile

EDIT:
preview of how monster pics will be:

Last edited by Rishab on Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:16 pm; edited 2 times in total

Rishab
Ancient Fungus

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A new Bestiary, yup or naah?

Post by Metalistas on Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:58 am

-Monster Pic - optional, might take too much time to cut them out from screenshots; might lag the whole doc section
-mlvl - nah
-Monster locations - just act number
-Monster Abilities - yes please, if the skills get linked to skill descriptions in char/oskill sections even better
-Immunities - yes please
-Killing Strategy - no, unless it comes in some sort of troll fashion like "kill it with fire !" or "run, run forest !"

Metalistas
Goliath

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aspirine101 on Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:04 am

Yes, but it would be cool if it also included mobs from uberquests (trash mobs of course, not bosses).

Aspirine101
Lord Primus

Islamic B&D Princess
TGGood None

View user profile http://lmgtfy.com/?q=median+xl.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishab on Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:21 am

@Aspirine101 wrote:Yes, but it would be cool if it also included mobs from uberquests (trash mobs of course, not bosses).

ya, it will have every monster which is there in game and a player can find. A few of secret mobs wont be there since for the obv reason that they r secret ^.^
and some ubers who have ridiculous variety of mobs will be pushed for done later (such as yshari)

Rishab
Ancient Fungus

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by munkyh3ad on Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:34 am

All if possible. But instead of Killing Strategy something like Tips. Because for most monsters it's not a prob how to kill them, but for some it is to avoid getting killed by them, or stuff like kill shamans first, kill ni'va's last, kite cruciators, stuff like this.

munkyh3ad
Dark Lady

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishab on Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:36 am

@Metalistas wrote:-Monster Pic - optional, might take too much time to cut them out from screenshots; might lag the whole doc section

i was thinking of pics like these:

it wont take me more then 10 sec per pic so its np for me to cut them

@Metalistas wrote:-mlvl - nah
-Monster locations - just act number
-Monster Abilities - yes please, if the skills get linked to skill descriptions in char/oskill sections even better.
i will try to link as many skills as i can find.

@Metalistas wrote:-Immunities - yes please
-Killing Strategy - no, unless it comes in some sort of troll fashion like "kill it with fire !" or "run, run forest !"
lol ya either that or just for those monsters that gives a run for life to a unsuspected char (like pit knights and daystars).

Rishab
Ancient Fungus

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hellgrind on Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:36 pm

-Monster Pic : Yes but only if it's super small and same size for all monster that docs site will not be buged
-mlvl: nah, dont need it
-Monster locations : acts or if specific monster have it's own location
-Monster Abilities : yes please !
-Immunities : and u even ask ? ofc yes
-Killing Strategy : yes and no, whatever Smile

hellgrind
Burning Dead

Not so well known...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishab on Sun Jul 12, 2015 1:07 pm

@hellgrind wrote:-Monster Pic : Yes but only if it's super small and same size for all monster that docs site will not be buged

can u suggest me some way of doing that? for now, i just take a screenshot and edit out just monster from the pic and paste it. There are some monster who r very small in size (ex: flit) and some are huge in size (ex: Porkchop) so idk how i can make the pic size in dimensions same for all. It is easy to compress them for size in kbs tho.

P.S. : GG that post count

Rishab
Ancient Fungus

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GTD on Sun Jul 12, 2015 1:19 pm

cool idea

GTD
Hemoplague

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by keitel on Sun Jul 12, 2015 1:34 pm

I like it. Would be cool if you add will short note regarding reanimating whether that mob is possible to get or will he be helpful Very Happy

keitel
Sasquatch

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum