[ 26 ]
10% 10% 
[ 3 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 29

Re: A new Bestiary, yup or naah?

Post by Rishab on Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:22 am

@Metalistas wrote:Separate thread ? Why not DOCS section ?
I wont more and more people to be able to see this thread while it is in the making so that mistakes can be corrected and maximum info can be added.

Rishab
Ancient Fungus

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by cowking on Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:18 pm

Would be a lot of extra work but a nice addition would be a field that states whether the monster can be resurrected or not.

For example, porkchops in A2 sewers can't, but alpha centauris can. They're both elite.

cowking
Clawstorm Terror

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Bestiary

Post by Rishab on Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:23 pm

@cowking wrote:Would be a lot of extra work but a nice addition would be a field that states whether the monster can be resurrected or not.

For example, porkchops in A2 sewers can't, but alpha centauris can. They're both elite.

i dont have any way of knowing if the monster can be resurrected / reanimated or not other then my own knowledge (which is not too great) or public feedback, unless marco would be kind enough to take out some time and give me a list stating these monsters.

Rishab
Ancient Fungus

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Istaryu on Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:54 pm

Why not make this on the new forum?

Istaryu
Curst Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishab on Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:15 pm

The reason i didnt made this on new forum is bcz many of the bbcodes that i need to work on this table format quickly and easily are still in the proposed features list. So i made the thread here and will move it to new forum as it gets out of testing phase and gets the features that i need to work on a table.

Rishab
Ancient Fungus

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HeruUr on Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:51 pm

Minions HP please? also, would be nice to see which bosses have avoid, and how much Smile

Thanks

HeruUr
Invader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcoNecroX on Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:01 pm

rishab, you should do this on new forums 100%.

you may use, but are not limited to, table tags whatsoever. But I do not recommend doing this on a table.
Here is my idea, basically the bestiary can be a list like this:

Act 1 Regulars
[+] Quill Rat
[+] Skeleton
[+] Fallen

Act 1 Elites
[+] Quill Bear

Upon clicking an entry, a spoiler-like mechanism (I can make a custom one for bestiary, that looks cool) will display all monster data. This gives you a nice benefit which is that you are not limited to space, you could put a screenshot if you wanted (for whatever reason) and it would in no way ruin the layout. I think in the future people will probably be interested about info such as %avoid and %pierce (most of the other info isn't that usesful for experienced players), so again, it's not the best to use a table, because you can run out of space. Just contact me on skype or whatever and I'll enable those BBcodes for you only.

Cheers

MarcoNecroX
Malthael

Führer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishab on Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:15 pm

@HeruUr wrote:Minions HP please? also, would be nice to see which bosses have avoid, and how much Smile

Thanks

i got no way to know these details either. i guess i will ask marco on how i can figure this stuff out Smile

@MarcoNecroX wrote:rishab, you should do this on new forums 100%.

you may use, but are not limited to, table tags whatsoever. But I do not recommend doing this on a table.
Here is my idea, basically the bestiary can be a list like this:

Act 1 Regulars
[+] Quill Rat
[+] Skeleton
[+] Fallen

Act 1 Elites
[+] Quill Bear

Upon clicking an entry, a spoiler-like mechanism (I can make a custom one for bestiary, that looks cool) will display all monster data. This gives you a nice benefit which is that you are not limited to space, you could put a screenshot if you wanted (for whatever reason) and it would in no way ruin the layout. I think in the future people will probably be interested about info such as %avoid and %pierce (most of the other info isn't that usesful for experienced players), so again, it's not the best to use a table, because you can run out of space. Just contact me on skype or whatever and I'll enable those BBcodes for you only.

Cheers

oh.. would be cool, coming on skype Very Happy

Rishab
Ancient Fungus

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishab on Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:00 pm

ok so i asked marco about the reanim / resurrect list and also %avoid stuff and he said that we can add that later so i guess its gonna be some time before it is added.

Rishab
Ancient Fungus

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Quirinus on Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:37 pm

I'll use my monsters script to give you most of the info you need, and a lot more if marco approves, (but not all, getting all info would take more programming, not sure how long yet), since I can get it to output lots of stats already. my last exam is on friday, so in a few days after that I'll do it. keep up the good work.

Quirinus
Creature of Flame

Bloody High Five
TGGood none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum