System?

9% 9% 
[ 9 ]
91% 91% 
[ 92 ]

Total Votes : 101

Re: Charm System

Post by MarcoNecroX on Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:57 am

Okay, this is probably going to be the system.
It is inspired by a PM ~gcc~sent me on the PK.

It didn't come to my mind because it is actually not possible due a bug with diablo 2, but with code implementation it should be fairly easy to do.

1) Hatred drops a charm called [king]. It has static values.
2) Terror drops a reagent called [kong]. It has static values too.
3) Destruction drops a reagent called [kittens]. It has variable stats.

Now, when we cubed [king kong] with [kittens] and we receive [disaster]. This is nothing more than the base charm with two upgrades. If people don't like the stats of the [kittens], they will cube the charm with [banana]. That will emulate a "reversing" effect. EMULATE GODDAMNIT. Because you can't tell diablo to re-create an item that is already lost in limbo. What it will do is re-create [king kong], just like we did before, by cubing [king] and [kong], except this time we use [king kong] with upgraded [kittens] and a [banana].

This system is possible, except it has the flaw that charms generated by cube recipes can be equipped infinite times, thing I should be able to fix. This system also uses only ONE DAMN CHARM [king]. Understand the damn fact that using one charm can't disable you from using a different charm, like people were suggesting [king1] to spawn in hatred, [king2] to spawn in terror and [king3] to spawn in destruction (you should create a boat called obvious). And 'ctrl+z' sadly doesn't work either.

My plan B system that I never told was basically to make hatred boss drop [king], terror boss drop [king] [kong], and destruction boss to drop [king] [kong] and [kittens]. But this would require a heavy treasureclass change that would take YEARS.

Well this method will take years too. But it's not the only project in sigma that would take months to add Razz

Führer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by wow123400 on Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:12 am

sounds like exactly what i said, harted one charm, terror one trophy, destruction another trophy, becareful create "banana", or shitload question like "i cube my charm with a trophy but my charm get back to its orignal version, what happend waaaaaaaaaaa"gonna haunt u forever
wow123400
Malthael

High Posting Cookie Monster
TGGood 100

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcoNecroX on Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:14 am

except you're missing the "how modding works" part, which was actually the one I was seeking. "make trophy A and B" don't exactly help for this Wink . And like I said, its not directly possible due to the bug but then I remembered about me being able to fix it with code edit.

doesn't matter let's all save our prides :p

Führer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by wow123400 on Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:17 am

MarcoNecroX wrote:except you're missing the "how modding works" part, which was actually the one I was seeking. "make trophy A and B" don't exactly help for this Wink . And like I said, its not directly possible due to the bug but then I remembered about me being able to fix it with code edit.

doesn't matter let's all save our prides :p

Neutral

ok hope u can get it to work

still sounds like a good plan
wow123400
Malthael

High Posting Cookie Monster
TGGood 100

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by iwansquall on Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:21 am

I know [banana] is the current problem for the charm.

That why i asked how you managed to do reset recipe on trader chest, because it seem it able to return charm to [king] state (or maybe [king] [kong])

And you said trader chest doesnt have carry1, where i try to play around with plugy, i just couldnt put 2 into inventory. Isnt carry1 in action? (yes, i reset trader chest with skull already)
iwansquall
Blood Golem

Underpowered Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcoNecroX on Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:34 am

plugy1 fixes that

edit: LOL plugy1 ...

Führer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Swoosh on Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:07 am

I like the idea of upgrading the charm per each difficulty. Even if it does take longer. Its a way that forces people to test their chars early on and to adjust accordingly. This can be very helpful to new players and it should prove to be quite a fun experience for all the new builds.

Edit: Would making 1 charm with "x" trophies work? Kind of similar to a mod with a medallion and souls to upgrade the medallion.

Its like [king kong kong kong kong kong kong kong kong... However many ubers there are, to make [King Kong].
Swoosh
Djinn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowerthenscum on Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:16 am

Swoosh wrote:I like the idea of upgrading the charm per each difficulty. Even if it does take longer. Its a way that forces people to test their chars early on and to adjust accordingly. This can be very helpful to new players and it should prove to be quite a fun experience for all the new builds.
Yeah, but I get the feeling most people would just get to level 120 then do all the uberquests in hatred/terror instead of doing them when they're in/completed the difficulty.

Lowerthenscum
Desert Cat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by taem on Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:23 am

Not if there is a level restriction to get the bonus on the charm Wink
taem
Dark Nephalem

View user profile https://sites.google.com/site/monkeymeatsauce/

Back to top Go down

Post by Aspirine101 on Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:36 am

iwansquall wrote:I know [banana] is the current problem for the charm.

That why i asked how you managed to do reset recipe on trader chest, because it seem it able to return charm to [king] state (or maybe [king] [kong])

And you said trader chest doesnt have carry1, where i try to play around with plugy, i just couldnt put 2 into inventory. Isnt carry1 in action? (yes, i reset trader chest with skull already)
Something is very interesting with this chest. Sometimes I am able to put one in inventory and one in the cube. Sometimes not, I don't remember the requirements Smile
Aspirine101
Lord Primus

Islamic B&D Princess
TGGood None

View user profile http://lmgtfy.com/?q=median+xl.com

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum