[v6d] ForeCast : A caster Barbarian

Page 11 of 19 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [v6d] ForeCast : A caster Barbarian

Post by vadust on Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:44 pm

From gamble you will not get Apoc oskill, i have no idea why it not work but tried several times=not working. Find boots after act 3 terror or at any place on destr diff.

vadust
Scaled Mutant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by thaibri1 on Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:59 pm

Can you get the Amulet by gambling??

thaibri1
Stygian Watcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by stoya on Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:01 pm

@thaibri1 wrote:Can you get the Amulet by gambling??
possible but will take much more time also you can find that oskill in rare or crafted gloves

stoya
Darkwarden

do some research LOL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by thaibri1 on Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:22 pm

Gloves are already +10 to devouring cloud....I'm not getting rid of those!

thaibri1
Stygian Watcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BassToMouth on Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:45 pm

@RollsRoyce wrote:videos are perfect, i embedded them into the guide. here is what i wrote for kabraxis:

1. Light first we just use Mindflay and BOOM first one is down soon
  2. Fire is next, double Shaad Scepter is perfect for these !
  3. Next one is Ice SSSU Axe and Freezing Gale kills Boss in 3 Seconds
  4. Magic, go for Disintegrate or Psionic Storm
  5. Physical is hardest -> Lion Stance ( 1 Point is okay !) and 1 Point Fortress deal with him !
  6. Pillar, well easy Mindflay him, but buy some pots beforehand
  7. equip SSU BoneHelm if needed and use Dark Summoning and Ressurect SoV
  8. While Kabraxis is tanked Snipe him from behind, keep some distance or you will die !

would be cool if you could do it that way, i tried it it works awesome !... ofc if you got a better idea go for it

I got a few possible alternatives you can use for kabraxis eles if you want to try them out:
1. Shamanka morph + psi storm Breast Plate - pre-cast before magic spawns and it pretty much instantly kills magic in full energy spec
2. Hailstorm rare amulet for ice
3. Larzuk's contraption - nova/immo bomb oskill, thats light and fire.
4. Lastly, go for ultra earth with Fortress + Wolves doom. You can even try tantrum since there's a bit of time in between broadsides. I tried Earthbenders for hail of stones on my sin but it was completely rubbish tbh.
-Rest of gear should be items like lorekeepers, Lunar Eclipse belt etc. for overall %spelldamage.

Imo the advantage of not using mindflay axes here is that you can have MotW axes on switch and shamanka as main for bloodlust and faster cast animations for the entire fight.

BassToMouth
Mindless

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RollsRoyce on Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:10 pm

dont agree, i used double shaad sceptre for high lvl cataclysm which is left hand skill ! wherever bombs are all right hand skills which sucks.

Mindflay is absolutely fine for light boss, as well as freezing gale as it kills all elementals + boss at an insane pace ( sure hailstorm would be the cheap version)
And remember shamanka bloodlust << protector spirit bloodlust

RollsRoyce
The Smith

롤스로이스 ☆☆☆☆
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aahz on Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:23 pm

@thaibri1 wrote:I have tried to reroll rare level 84 boots, but all I see over and over again is "Churel (lvl 6)" "Whirlpool (lvl 16)" and "Rune of fire/ice (lvl 24)". I have never seen any other oskill appear.
Is ilvl 84 too high to get "Apocalypse" ? Do I need a specific type of boots? Does the ilvl have to be exactly 72? Does it matter what my character level is (mine is 80)?
ilvl 84 boots has to be at most Tier 2 (item quality lvl max 25) to get Apocalypse oskill... if you want to use higher Tier boots, it's ilvl has to be higher...
to understand (and calculate it yourself) see BassToMouth's explanation about Basic Item Affixes Mechanics and Finding Information (part of is guide))

aahz
Cathedral Drow

Server Hoster

View user profile http://tsw.vn.cz

Back to top Go down

Post by BassToMouth on Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:21 pm

@RollsRoyce wrote:dont agree, i used double shaad sceptre for high lvl cataclysm which is left hand skill ! wherever bombs are all right hand skills which sucks.

Mindflay is absolutely fine for light boss, as well as freezing gale as it kills all elementals + boss at an insane pace ( sure hailstorm would be the cheap version)
And remember shamanka bloodlust << protector spirit bloodlust

My suggestion was mainly focusing on less gear switching and less SU requirement rather than kill speed. But yeah, just realised protector spirits' bloodlust also give elemental boosts... (don't know why I thought it was EWD only...)

BassToMouth
Mindless

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by titan015 on Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:34 am

@aahz wrote:
@thaibri1 wrote:I have tried to reroll rare level 84 boots, but all I see over and over again is "Churel (lvl 6)" "Whirlpool (lvl 16)" and "Rune of fire/ice (lvl 24)". I have never seen any other oskill appear.
Is ilvl 84 too high to get "Apocalypse" ? Do I need a specific type of boots? Does the ilvl have to be exactly 72? Does it matter what my character level is (mine is 80)?
ilvl 84 boots has to be at most Tier 2 (item quality lvl max 25) to get Apocalypse oskill... if you want to use higher Tier boots, it's ilvl has to be higher...
to understand (and calculate it yourself) see BassToMouth's explanation about Basic Item Affixes Mechanics and Finding Information (part of is guide))

can you please enlighten us on how exactly did you come up with the "ilvl 84 boots has to be at most Tier 2 (item quality lvl max 25) to get Apocalypse oskill" part? So you mean if I use tier 3 boots with ilvl 84 then apocalypse will never come?
I tried the calculation.

The item boots (tier 2) with ilvl 84 and qlvl 29 (from "base items on docu") has alvl of 70 according to this.

Now the question is...what is this alvl 70 for?
I tried calculating again using the tier 3 boots with same ilevel and still the same alvl 70.
Whats the difference between tier 2 and 3 then?

Now I searched apocalypse suffix in the doc and I came up with:

suffix +(17 to 21) to Apocalypse 72(ilvl) 60(req lvl) 42(rarity) 217(group) Boots

I am really confused. Sorry for my stupidity. Please help. I tried rerolling greaves (tier 3) with ilvl 73 and apocalypse never appeared. My gold stash has long gone dry.

titan015
Darkwarden

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BassToMouth on Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:12 pm

@titan015
There's a reason why you cannot see Apocalypse with T3 Greaves at ilvl 73... Let's have a look at the tables.

T3 Greaves qlvl = 45
T3 Greaves ilvl = 73 (yours)
*Therefore, using the table the greaves have an aLvl of 51! This falls short of the minimum aLvl requirement of 72 for Apocalypse to show.
*To reach an aLvl of 72 or more we would need our boots to be at least be at iLvl = 86.
*Your character level doesn't matter and anything above the minimum aLvl (in this case, 72 for Apocalypse) will work.
*This is easy to remedy. Just upgrade your boots to unique quality (2 Arcane Crystal + Oil of Enhancement) and it's iLvl will be set at 99. From there, use the chaos reroll recipe until you get a rare (NOT rare quality upgrade, because then our greaves will have iLvl of 84, which falls short again for Apocalypse).

I can see why you're confused though, considering T2 boots (qlvl = 13) only needs an ilvl = 78 to reach alvl = 72. The error here is that you made the mistake of assuming higher qLvl = higher aLvl, when this isn't actually the case.

BassToMouth
Mindless

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 19 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum