[v6d] WNG-din - The Unholy Caster

Page 16 of 18 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [v6d] WNG-din - The Unholy Caster

Post by Timeslayer on Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:24 am

It's really quite depressing to have to read through the comments to see whether or not the guide is still viable.
And here I thought I was on to something watching this cheaply-built paladin tear through all those different ubers.

Where are all of the guides for the latest Ultimative patch?!

Still going to go through and get my unholy pally to the beginning of the end.
Guess I might just have to put my own XIV guide together whenever I've got enough insights to do so!  Bouncing

Timeslayer
Returned

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GregMXL on Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:57 am

This is an awesome guide. Do not use Lightning Wall because it has been nerfed for a long time. UHC is one of, if not,the best characters in this game. Simple as that.

GregMXL
Zorun Tzin

Epic Admin
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by flynnigan on Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:01 pm

Might try this on the next ladder

flynnigan
Shredder

Rainbow Troll
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wulf on Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:06 am

@GregMXL wrote:This is an awesome guide. Do not use Lightning Wall because it has been nerfed for a long time. UHC is one of, if not,the best characters in this game. Simple as that.
gib guide plox

Wulf
Landmass

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by theweirdoldie on Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:18 am

mind flay and slayer supermax for damage, vindicate is now innead and keeps you alive along with tainted blood. stormlord depending on gear for stats(with enough +skills 1 point is enough), rapture is good in beginning for faster cast. you can use scourges to tank for you but they are squishy later on (then reanimates should do this job). superbeast for increased damage and insane cast speed.
Gear: +skills and magic and lightning damage. you can basically play this guy with tiered uniques, runewords and some crafts later on. pretty straight forward playstyle: melt everything with mondflay, immunes with slayer and SoD. reanimates do the tanking later on. with some life after kill your life orb will never drop Wink
Pretty good char if you like caster gameplay along with morph Wink

theweirdoldie
Desert Cat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GregMXL on Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:30 pm

I'm pretty sure you can just go by this guide and just negate trying to find Lightning Wall and still rape. You can craft gear for phys/mag if you use Slayer and Voj or Lightning Spell damage for Mindflay. Find ways to get more FHR cause you need that with Superbeast. I haven't tried but with insane gear and charms I think you can actually go max block too. lol

GregMXL
Zorun Tzin

Epic Admin
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wulf on Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:57 pm

@GregMXL wrote:I'm pretty sure you can just go by this guide and just negate trying to find Lightning Wall and still rape. You can craft gear for phys/mag if you use Slayer and Voj or Lightning Spell damage for Mindflay. Find ways to get more FHR cause you need that with Superbeast. I haven't tried but with insane gear and charms I think you can actually go max block too. lol

I don't think that's possible using spell dmg jewels. For the hell of it I tried putting all my stats in dexterity with a 4% block shield and barely got to 51% with 3119 dex. I think it would need insane jewels like 2% stats + spell % as well as items like royal circlet for it to work.

I looked on the docs and perhaps a crafted pally shield would be the best option for a block route. They can spawn with those affixes:
+4 Pally skill
+1% block
+400 hp
+20% vitality
+30% lightning spell dmg

3-4 of those affixes together are like better than 95% of the SU shields out there...

Wulf
Landmass

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Virion on Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:13 pm

Angel star has 1% chance to block. So if pally has 1% block + 4% from shield + 1% from Angel star we will have 6% base block or use The Vanquisher paladin shield which has 5% block so we can get 7% base block and we need 2587 Dex to achieve 75%.

Virion
Asatruar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RollsRoyce on Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:19 pm

you really want max block on a character with more than 20k life and INSANE life regeneration Very Happy ...this would make this build by far the greatest tank ingame

RollsRoyce
The Smith

롤스로이스 ☆☆☆☆
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wulf on Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:55 am

@Virion wrote:Angel star has 1% chance to block. So if pally has 1% block + 4% from shield + 1% from Angel star we will have 6% base block or use The Vanquisher paladin shield which has 5% block so we can get 7% base block and we need 2587 Dex to achieve 75%.
But The Vanquisher sucks balls D: We can only use the +pally skill and the dr%, everything else on it is irrelevant for a caster.

@RollsRoyce wrote:you really want max block on a character with more than 20k life and INSANE life regeneration Very Happy ...this would make this build by far the greatest tank ingame
I don't understand what you just said. Did you mean to put a question mark at the end of your first sentence? Because the second part of the message makes it seem like you think it isn't possible O_o or am I misunderstanding?

Wulf
Landmass

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 18 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum